Audi RS4 Avant

Godfather
Godfather
OP
So, had my first chance to push the RS4 over the weekend. Still not run in yet so subject to a 7,000rpm limit, but fast driving in the Alps is as much about good lines and handling as anything else.

For those that don't know the RS4 has a "Drive Select" function that allows you to choose between Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Individual settings. Within each of the first 3 settings there are pre-set parameters for suspension stiffness, steering weight, throttle response, differential operation and engine noise. Individual allows you to choose your own combination of parameters.

The Dynamic setting for steering is to heavy and feels quite wooden, so I use Individual with everything set to the sportiest parameter except steering and suspension which I think are heavy/firm enough in there middle parameter. This combination worked really well yesterday with a very spirited drive in dry conditions on the Nufenen Pass between Canton Ticino and Valais in southern Switzerland. The car was simply sublime and gave me that rare "as one" feeling that you get from time to time with certain vehicles you really know well. The ceramics are really worth their weight in gold in these situations.

Early days but so far so good. Very happy with the car so far :)

Back
Top Bottom