Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2019, Melbourne - Race 1/21

Rate the 2019 Australian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
You don’t see the amount of pain it causes to numerous people when a driver crashes. Most people don’t understand the sacrifices so many people make to get a car built and to a track.

Accidents happen, it’s to be expected but he’s not a “new” driver and crashed badly due to no fault but his own. If he learns from it then great, if not then it’s an issue.

No, I love my job :). I’ve never had a day where I didn’t want to get up and go to work. Not many people can say that, I’m aware how fortunate I am.

Sacrifice. Haha. They don't make a sacrifice, they are paid to do a job just like anyone else. It's like saying you don't see the sacrifice a nurse has to make when someone comes in injured.

Dup

Dup

Soldato

Can't see how that's 20+ seconds worth of performance loss. If it is, might be worth giving the Mercs a cheeky side swipe at turn 1? *paging Max* haha

Great result for Bottas, he was a truly beaten man last year and it's great to see him on the top step as he showed such promise before Williams truly dropped to the back. Would love to see him battling Lewis if nobody else is going to be close, so hope this form isn't just a one hit wonder.

Soldato
Can't see how that's 20+ seconds worth of performance loss.

But presumably you're not an F1 aerodynamicist and can't really tell! Hamilton hinted post-race that he was just focussed on keeping Verstappen behind him and managing the car, something he did with plenty to spare. It shows how much he's matured - he's still a little downbeat every time he hasn't won but he drove to ensure he took the maximum points possible out of the weekend and he moves on, sae in the knowledge that in the next race his car may well be one of the two fastest on the grid.

Soldato
Can't see how that's 20+ seconds worth of performance loss. If it is, might be worth giving the Mercs a cheeky side swipe at turn 1? *paging Max* haha

Great result for Bottas, he was a truly beaten man last year and it's great to see him on the top step as he showed such promise before Williams truly dropped to the back. Would love to see him battling Lewis if nobody else is going to be close, so hope this form isn't just a one hit wonder.
A few tenths per lap + increased tyre wear would do it.

What a difference a beard makes! I'm hoping Bottas has a good season, it'll definitely put Merc in a tricky spot with regards to Ocon in 2020.

Soldato
Its all been pretty appallingly handled by Sky to be honest, just erased Ted completely and ignored the fact he's gone! People keep asking about it on twitter but it's total radio silence from them.

How you can remove one of the longest running members of the team and just expect people to not ask questions is bizarre.

Associate
They said on the Friday praccy coverage that Ted would be back in China. Maybe in the same way Damon Hill only goes to some races (and Button who they'd been advertising like mad but wasn't there either). If the reason is that he wants to spend more time with his family and cherry pick races that's fine, it's not our call. It would just be nice if Sky said that.

Worst bit of the Sky coverage by far was the show filling in between Saturday praccy and qually. Lazenby and Chandhok wandering around hospitality talking to people. That's ok, Ted does a bit of that in his notebook BUT crucially it was the only downtime of the day for the teams between sessions so they were having lunch or talking to sponsors or friends and family and you had that buffoon Lazenby interrupting people like Horner and Claire Williams trying to ask them things while their soup was going cold or they're trying to have a chat with someone. Wouldn't be surprised if the teams feed back to Sky that they don't want to be interrupted during that time. If someone is walking by, that's fine, but if they're sitting in their hospitality area I think it's rude and it looked really awkward with him constantly saying thanks for your time, sorry to interrupt you lunch. You don't say.

Soldato
If Ted had wanted to spend more time with his family or more time off they would have nipped this whole thing in the bud in 2 seconds by him tweeting that. No one would complain about it then if it was his call.

The fact they've just tried to brush it all under the carpet and Ted has been totally radio silent on twitter suggests he's been pushed out.

Man of Honour
If Ted had wanted to spend more time with his family or more time off they would have nipped this whole thing in the bud in 2 seconds by him tweeting that. No one would complain about it then if it was his call.

The fact they've just tried to brush it all under the carpet and Ted has been totally radio silent on twitter suggests he's been pushed out.

Yup, far too quiet and he wasn’t one to be quiet. Now we are left with Chandock. Dear lord.

Soldato
No Ted and the usual talk rubbish and get most things wrong Croft, sounds like a bargain for subscribers.

Bottas huge gap out front needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as others have said, Hamilton managed that gap and looked after his tyres for a late assault by Verstappen, which he did successfully. Well done to Bottas though he drove superb, I think the biggest loser out of the race was Ocon!

Back
Top Bottom