Automobilista 2 ?

Associate
Umm, problem I have is I leave it, it locks the wheels like a digital input. I do the calibration and I might as well get out and turn the car by hand, it'll turn faster. The visualization of the wheel is horribly out of sync with what little input it gives too. I've trawled looking for answers, but the only moans are about FFB.
I've the same problem with my G25 wheel. on certain corners i get a complete lock up, always that particular corner and with all cars. Trucks are unplayable, constant lock ups, even on straights with no braking applied.

Associate
Kyalami is incredible, i spent tonnes of time there last week in ACC after i bought its DLC and this is every bit as good and not lazer scanned? What an incredible job reiza.
Sadly the AI rear end me constantly on this track, im sure they will fix this asap.

Soldato
The only time the AI were giving me grief was coming off Leeukop, they exit hella fast from it, and will pull around you tripping down the shaft if they get close. The rest of it the AI were on pace with what I was doing.

The thing with VR though with your face pinned to the windscreen, you can really see the contours of the track that those laser scans bring. Seeing the difference where it's more prominent, it's helped me no end understand the racing lines.

If I dropped both tracks back to back I could probably see it, but they definitely did a good job regardless of the photo scanning I think they use. I could see the dips where I know them to be from the ACC track.

Associate
TBH i think im just slow into corners, im struggling to nail braking in AMS 2 compared to other sims.
True to reiza form i can feel weight transfer better than any sim out there apart from AMS1 :p

Soldato
Hopefully you can cherry pick the DLC, they've got some licensed stuff coming that'll be hard to resist. The only way id pay the amount their asking, is if they really knocked out in multiplayer land and it became popular.

Hard to see them overtaking ACC though in the multi stakes, it's just so good and where all the competent racers are atm.

Soldato
Version 1 released.

Holy molly Bathurst is good, 10 super smooth laps last night in the G55 GT4. ACC just got beat when it comes to everybody's favourite track in the outback, so much smoother, faster, it drives and looks absolutely amazing.

Am i absolutely in awe of this game in VR, there's not a single game that's better looking with every option ramped up, and still the perfect frame rate. Bring on the Nordschleife, it will be amazing in this engine/game.

Soldato
Iracing has the best VR implementation in sim racing. It's a case of whether you want to go all in to iracing as you have to, to make it worth the amount of money it cost.
Project Cars 2 has decent VR but I just don't like the way it handles, others feel differently though.

Soldato
Iracing has the best VR implementation in sim racing. It's a case of whether you want to go all in to iracing as you have to, to make it worth the amount of money it cost.
Project Cars 2 has decent VR but I just don't like the way it handles, others feel differently though.

iRacing's VR interface is crap compared to Project Cars. I can start up PC2 at my desk, go sit in my rig, and navigate everything with the headset and controls on my wheel. I could even get by with gaze control and use nothing but the headset.

iRacing requires me to set up a keyboard and mouse at my rig. I tried this and discovered that my carpet doesn't get along with my wireless mouse and it's clunky and unnatural to use. I recently tried a friend's setup with an actual keyboard/mouse addition on his rig and it's still clunky compared to just using the wheel that's already in your hands. AMS2 uses the same kind of interface as Pcars and it's equally intuitive to use.

The one thing that makes iRacing good for VR is that it can run on a potato, so if you have older or less powerful hardware you are more likely to be able to run iRacing in VR than PC2. This is also because the graphics on iRacing are pretty plain compared to many other titles. But, credit where it's due, the graphics look pretty good considering the light load iracing puts on hardware.

AMS2 has the advantage of the Pcars VR interface and sits between iRacing and Pcars when it comes to how difficult it is for hardware to run it.

Soldato
OP
When I first got this game it was making me a bit dizzy with a bit of a head ache so I went into settings and shut off world movmeant and that seemed to fix it , But as from yesterdays update its back to making me feel a bit dizzy again yet I couldnt see any "new" settings added and nothing in camara ettings seems to have changed ?

Soldato
When I first got this game it was making me a bit dizzy with a bit of a head ache so I went into settings and shut off world movmeant and that seemed to fix it , But as from yesterdays update its back to making me feel a bit dizzy again yet I couldnt see any "new" settings added and nothing in camara ettings seems to have changed ?

Make sure you aren't going into reprojection or ASW after the update. They may have made the graphics look better and put a heavier load on your hardware than before. If your hardware was barely able to hold the correct FPS before, that would put you into synthetic frames now.

Oculus did a great job with ASW. I could never "see" when it kicked in but I would get a touch of motion sickness every time it switched into that mode.

Soldato
OP
Make sure you aren't going into reprojection or ASW after the update. They may have made the graphics look better and put a heavier load on your hardware than before. If your hardware was barely able to hold the correct FPS before, that would put you into synthetic frames now.

Oculus did a great job with ASW. I could never "see" when it kicked in but I would get a touch of motion sickness every time it switched into that mode.

ermm ok I dont use VR

Soldato
OP
Sorry. I just responded to a VR question before yours and the world movement adjustment comes up a lot in VR discussions so I just stayed in VR mode.

I'm unfamilliar with the problem you are having with a flat screen causing dizziness.

It's all good :)....I might just dump it if I cant find a fix.

Until then I'll carry on with my ACC and looking forward to the new DLC for that :) which will be around £15 I hope lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom