Availability of G.Skill F4-4200C19Q2-64GTZKK and F4-4200C19Q2-64GTZSW

Associate
OP
If you bin by Imc and core it's possible to find 4200+ Imc and high core..but premium will be high.... Simple as.
If we are talking about £1600-1650 which can overclock the cores nicely too that's fine (the extra speed in quad channel is worth it for my workload). Have a DDM-X on preorder with OcUK so not fussed if it includes a delid or not (am delidding and helping others) but feel free to add another £50 if includes a conductonaut (and depending on the die size additional Minus pad) delid/relid. If we are talking higher then forgetaboutit. Can bring the order for the CPU forward to the end of September (30th) if required for the CPU (appreciate delivery will be later after binning) to show no time wasting.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not worth it. Buying a high binned core, absolutely worth it. But paying a premium for 4200 simply isn't. Remember timings and frequency are intrinsically related, and 4000-4133 are where the timings are good.

Associate
4000c17 is am sure is easy with good B die. I just did 18-18-18 because I was showing CPU stuff. I mean 12-11-11- is easy at 4K too with volts.

Even my 3200mhz C!4 entry kit can do C18 no problem on Intel at 4133mhz. I did not try tuning anything so far with testing because I am so busy qualifying on many boards and really don't have time to tune a kit properly takes one week for sure if setting RTLs etc etc....

Hi 8 Pack, I'm looking at some faster memory as I'm sure my 3200mhz CL16 Trident Z is holding back a few of my benches even when it is OC'd to 3600mhz still on the stock timings.
I've seen a G.Skill 4000mhz CL18 trident kit for £235 or is it worth paying more for slightly faster?
I keep looking at G.skill because even when playing on LN2 with people throwing their RAM in my older DDR3 systems I still get better performance and overclocks with Trident X regardless of mem speeds or timings. I've got some Crucial, Corsair and OCZ but in comparison I can never do as well with it. Whatever G.Skill do it just works for me yet other overclockers who borrow my sticks don't seem to do well with them.
If I was to push my current 3200mhz further with stock cooling what sort of voltage is safe for a few hours of benching?
I generally stick to 1.4v as when I've gone to 1.5v I couldn't push the clocks higher or the timings tighter.

Thanks in advance to you or anyone who can help.

My main rig is based around the ROG Apex Z270 with a 7700K & a 7350K. Can't always run 3600mhz ram with the i3.

Associate
Almost all CPU cant do 4200 QVL or not. I mean you need to test many CPUs to get 4200 working stable.
I'm able to run 4200MHz on my F4-4200C19Q2-64GTZSW on ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME. What should I use to test to call it stable? I don't really want to run things for hours though.

Associate
Thanks 8 Pack, only problem is I'm running a Noctua NH14 cooler and the G.Skill ram I have now only just fits under it, are the heatspreaders on your Team Group sticks removable?

Would there be any benefit in spending a bit more and going for the 4500mhz?
It would be handy to be able to run CL10 on my Ryzen setup at around 3000mhz too.

I'm not rich enough to bench LN2 on these setups yet where faster ram might be more beneficial but I will eventually I expect when they are old.

Associate
The helpful sales person at Overclockers UK says the 8 pack team group memory heatsinks are removeable so I've jst ordered a 4133mhz kit.
Hopefully be able to see some decent improvements in some benches now.

Associate
Yeah 1.5v 24-7 is fine.
The 8Pack stuff has higher bin than Tridents slightly and slightly better PCB.

Why are they specified to require 1.4 V at same speeds and same timings as Trident RGB 1.35V across the board then?
This really confuses me. Is it just salesman talk or am I missing something??

Its like saying 5GHz 7700k at 1.35 V is better binned than the one that runs it at 1.3V. Not accusing anyone here I am just confused about this statement

Associate
8 pack? Gibbo? Would really like to know. About to buy but want only the best (but quitest - no extra heat by boosting vccin, memory voltage etc. if i can avoid it). Cost isnt no.1 concern for me.

Soldato
8 pack? Gibbo? Would really like to know. About to buy but want only the best (but quitest - no extra heat by boosting vccin, memory voltage etc. if i can avoid it). Cost isnt no.1 concern for me.

Because that's the voltage they were binned at by the vendor. The concerns you've listed above regarding heat output aren't an issue. The DRAM modules themselves barely get hot at all at these voltages, and there's no need to boost the other rails you've mentioned.

Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/g.sk...channel-kit-f4-4266c19d-16gtzr-my-10s-gs.html

these ones are what im using, can only manage 4ghz @ CL17, but works fine at that!

i assume this is the non rgb version:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/g.sk...hannel-kit-f4-4266c19d-16gtzkw-my-10b-gs.html

listed as a quad but it clearly isnt.

I actually purchased the non-rgb version and I'm running at 4000MHz but at 19-19-19-39. I can't even boot at X.M.P regardless of what I do, VCCSA, VCCIO, dram volts etc

Anyway what timings have you managed to run at is it just 17-19-19-39 or have you tweaked it more?

Off-topic slightly but for gaming what has a bigger impact, frequency or timings? I appreciate any differences are going to be miniscule but some of us get to a point where we want to squeeze every last drop of performance even if it's 2fps (that we ironically won't see on a 60hz monitor lol)

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually purchased the non-rgb version and I'm running at 4000MHz but at 19-19-19-39. I can't even boot at X.M.P regardless of what I do, VCCSA, VCCIO, dram volts etc

Anyway what timings have you managed to run at is it just 17-19-19-39 or have you tweaked it more?

Off-topic slightly but for gaming what has a bigger impact, frequency or timings? I appreciate any differences are going to be miniscule but some of us get to a point where we want to squeeze every last drop of performance even if it's 2fps (that we ironically won't see on a 60hz monitor lol)

Both are intrinsically related and need to be taken into account. One method, by following formula CAS * 2000 / memory frequency, you can see the column access time.

Back
Top Bottom