Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Caporegime
To save the other thread from getting clogged up, and even though this is a thread designed for discussion of the movie after you've seen it, in line with OCUK Forum policy, and just to be nice in case anyone comes here via New Posts and doesn't see the thread title, please continue to use the Spoiler tags until the movie has been out for three weeks. In other words no 'unspoilered' plot points until Thursday May 17th. Even then, for anything truly Major (and the suspicion is that something truly eventful will happen) keep it spoilered.

I'm going to see it tomorrow night at the 3D IMAX in Glasgow. And I CANNOT wait.

Caporegime
OP
I hope they don't….that would really ruin it.

I think these movies are much better than Star Wars…..it makes Star Wars look dull and boring !
The results of a fully connected, very long term plan rather than letting directors do more or less as they wished like Star Wars.

Absolutely loved it! Didn't think it absolutely necessary for IMAX but figured it worth it anyway. Some ballsy moves by the Russo's and Disney. The film seemed to fly by as well! Very well paced. @Raymond Lin yes to your last sentence.

Caporegime
OP
I dont get why we have to use Spoiler tags in a thread about spoilers on the film lol.
Anyway just booked my second showing for tomorrow, taking my wife and 5 year old this time.
In case someone comes into the thread through new posts or get linked to a post by someone evil.

Caporegime
OP
isn't this the spoiler thread? i don't know why people are using spoiler tags?

Anyway - i loved it - it was everything modern star wars should be but wasn't.

As I've said above, to prevent anyone stumbling across the thread from 'new posts' or being linked to the posts by someone feeling evil.

Caporegime
OP
The Celestials are shown to having existed as are the Elders and Galactus along with the Surfer have recently been acquired so I imagine it is just a matter of time. Last week the Directors of Infinity war were expressing an interest in Secret Wars II and that is full of Abstracts.

If the Disney takeover of Fox goes through then Marvel will have control of it all.

Caporegime
OP
Tony Stark and Steve Rogers never actually met in this one? By the time Cap got 'home' Ironman was already half way across the Galaxy in the spaceship?

Caporegime
OP
As has been said, the comics are a basis for the MCU, not a complete guidebook. They've diverted from the comic version of events many times for a more grounded and at least partially realistic series of characters. For example Black Widow able to hold her own against the black order chick who's name I can't remember and many powers toned down or simply missing altogether.

Caporegime
OP
I wouldn't really call that a spoiler. I would only class that as a "sort of" spoiler.

1. For anyone who doesn't know anything about Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Sure, they could be spoiled about what happens.
2. Anyone with passing knowledge of the Inifnity Gauntlet and what Thanos did in the comics, couldn't honestly expect everyone to be alive at the end of Thanos obtaining the Infinity Gauntlet as he did here. So what Mark said there was more of a confirmation of what everyone guessed already
3. If they really were not suppoed to air that, I'm fairly certain that an aide would have stepped in and had an alteration done to the segment. Since there wasn't, I doubt it was something that was not allowed. I'm guessing this is because there might have been a mentality that anyone stepping into the Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, would have a look in from the comics. So it was more of a nod to those people. And those entirely new would have had a hard time avoiding such info, so I think they were just hedging bets on who to "bring in". Since I don't think it was possible to keep it hidden from both sides of the audience.

At no time was he shown in any trailer as having all five stones. The most I think was three, shown when he had two and placed another in the gauntlet.

Caporegime
OP
I think anyone who died by stabbing, choking, pushed off a cliff etc is probably dead, anyone who dissolved into dust is probably going to come back.
Its been suggested by the scene towards the end when Thanos meets young Gamora again that she's in the soul stone by the yellow look to it all and everyone who got dusted is in the soul stone too.

Caporegime
OP
One minor thing that confused me both times I watched it was near the start.

When the Alien ship lands in New York, Dr. Strange casts a spell towards it and then winks at Tony - Before the Children of Thanos appear and walk towards them.

What did the spell actually do?

I'm thinking maybe it just to stop the wind/debris that was flying around?
Perhaps the spell on the eye of agamoto?

Caporegime
OP
Kinda sucks as Disney is on the cusp of owning Fox and thus the X-Men and Fantastic 4 license, providing comcast don't **** things up

But it's entirely possible that Avengers 4 is done in a way so they can merge both Avengers universe and X-Men universe together so that Wanda becomes the daughter of Magneto and we finally get to see Mutants and Fantastic 4 in the Avenger universe or rather we get the complete Marvel universe instead of 3 different (4 if you count Deadpool) universes

In all honesty I'd rather they be kept separate now. They've had no part in the universe Marvel have created over the past 10 years but have still had their own universe created by Fox. If they're going to join them together, reboot the whole lot in 10 years time. I would just find it rather jarring to suddenly have Wolverine, Iceman, professor X etc on the scene, no matter how they write it.

Caporegime
OP
But Fox have wasted their license (not including Deadpool) with really bad movies and even worse reboots

If it means getting actually decent X-Men and Fantastic 4 on the same level as Avengers then I'd be happy for some merging however weird it may be
I would be happy to see X-Men rebooted along with FF4 as a separate universe. Just not in the current MCU. Might be good to slow the current MCU down after Avengers 4 and then if the takeover happens get another alternative MCU with FF4 and X-Men in it?

Caporegime
OP
For extra ridiculousness, watched a YouTube video last night that suggested Loki was Hulk/Banner and Hulk died on the ship. What a load of crap that suggestion was!

Back
Top Bottom