Average age of VR enthusiasts

Soldato
I'm not in the first flush of youth, but a quick poll in work indicates that the yoof are not into VR.
Of the 30 or so guys I work with, only those in their 40's or older have even tried it.
A couple of guys with kids have PSVR but I don't think that really counts.
I've taken the Q2 to work and the PS/X-box kids are blown away by it.

Is it an age specific hobby?

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm, is the average age of VR users here representative of the age of forum members, or the age of actual VR users?
Is OCUK a forum for a more mature audience? and so the average may be skewed toward an older demographic?

Soldato
OP
I can't be the youngest here at 29 can I? :o I thought it would've been more a younger audience thing. Maybe you're right about the entry price, I didn't want to pay Q1 prices but the Q2 price was low enough for me (and instead making up the difference in accessories :D).

Sorry, no kids allowed. This is an adult forum.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
OP
I an newly invigorated thinking I was the only weird non-teen / twenties guy that was 'playing' with VR.
I'm 57 and nice to know there's a whole bunch of us weirdos.

Welcome to the already invigorated bunch of old fart wierdos.

Given the ages that have been stated here, I'm guessing I'm also not the noly one that isn't into microphone chatting, or indeed multi-player ]?

Sounds like most folks here use VR to get away from people.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Soldato
OP
You know, we should really start a OCUK VR club or something. A place for the people in this thread to play VR games against and with each other. IT would be good for those who want to try multiplayer but don't want the trouble of playing against complete strangers. There were a few of use who player together before. had some great games of Star Trek, Wardust, Pay Day and Eleven Table Tennis. But there were too few of us back then, maybe now with more people on the OCUK forums, it might be better??

A VR pub gets my vote.

Soldato
OP
Would be nice. OCUK real vr fishing room could be an idea too? It's only upto 4 people, but it's a nice way to relax together.

what about here - https://atlas.sansar.com/experiences/ai-4784/social-distance-gathering no number limit. It's a bit strange, as the default avatars appear to be in their early twenties although most of the users are quite a bit older.... bring your own beer/wine.

3fed7c13619960400ea36129f4ab8635_1920.jpg

or here - https://atlas.sansar.com/experiences/vintagetales-2991/victorian-christmas

358bb0f4-b02a-4eb1-936f-000b5c4bd870_1920.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
haha Billy no mates!! :p

You must be well sozzled by now!! :D

I'm getting there.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif
It's surprisingly easy to drink whilst wearing a headset, if the glass shape is right. It looks funny when the avatar picks up an invisible glass and takes a slug.
The Victorian Christmas scene and pub is amazingly detailed and very well done. If anyone's feeling overly energetic then there's a multiplayer hoverderby experience.

https://atlas.sansar.com/experiences/hoverderby/hoverderby

Soldato
OP
So I downloaded Sansar and tried out a couple of worlds, went to the two places you were in. Also tried out a few other worlds, like the Roddenberry Nexus and some other pub/club meeting type places.

And, yeah, I remember now why I got rid of Sansar, I don't think it's all that great. Everything is so slow. I think it would annoy me after a while.

Anybody got any other places we could use? Would love to get something setup. What about a Private Room in RecRoom? Is there any other game that works cross platform that everyone could buy and that you could setup an OCUK private room in?

My god man!..... how fast do you want to drink? I was only suggesting a couple of schooners of sherry. :D

Back
Top Bottom