• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade 4090 disappointment - couldn't even post

Soldato
It's 90 days warranty, I got £100 off to make it £1,300. I mean it's cheaper and better warranty than buying off ebay.

Except it didn't work, so pointless anyway.
Only a hundred quid off???? With a 90 day warranty?! You're nuts. At least it was DOA I bought one and it took the entire 90 days to die and it went through manufacturer RMA which wasn't a pleasant experience. Infact it was a complete waste of time. Never again.

Associate
OP
Only a hundred quid off???? With a 90 day warranty?! You're nuts. At least it was DOA I bought one and it took the entire 90 days to die and it went through manufacturer RMA which wasn't a pleasant experience. Infact it was a complete waste of time. Never again.
:D Yolo, right?

How much did you get off? Also, which manfacturer?

Soldato
I got my 4080 off BGRADE for £800 and it's running fine after a year, I wasn't concerned generally cards rarely go faulty and never happened to me, ever *touches lots of wood

Some of the BGRADE GPUs depending on manufacturers did carry full manufacturer warranty, mine was not one of those (Gamerock)

Is OcUK still doing B-GRADE offers for stuff like GPU's?

Last edited:
Soldato
OCUK is just following others in terms of clearance pricing. But without the QA to back it up.

Least when ordered from else where you get working clearance items right…

Associate
I definitely think the 90 day policy on expensive b grade items should be reviewed. It doesn't sit right with me you can spend that much from a. Reputable online shop and be shunned if something goes wrong. Don't get me wrong, there are some great deals to be had some times but it's really a gamble when spending what I would call a fair chunk of change

Associate
B-Grade terms have been the same here for what, 20years+? They aren't going to change dude just because a few people are moaning on the forums. Buy or don't buy, those are the choices.

It's reasonable to expect a 1500 pound item to have more than a 3 month warranty when the manufacturer themselves provide 3 years in some cases for graphics cards for example. Does anybody know if these still apply when you buy B grade GPUs?

I think you guys are very flippant and would soon change your mind if things turned sour for you. You've obviously never had a bad retail experience after spending a lot of money or are just so wealthy you couldn't care less about losing £1500 if it goes Ker plunk after 91 days.

Soldato
It's reasonable to expect a 1500 pound item to have more than a 3 month warranty when the manufacturer themselves provide 3 years in some cases for graphics cards for example. Does anybody know if these still apply when you buy B grade GPUs?

I think you guys are very flippant and would soon change your mind if things turned sour for you. You've obviously never had a bad retail experience after spending a lot of money or are just so wealthy you couldn't care less about losing £1500 if it goes Ker plunk after 91 days.
personally speaking i wouldn't even dream of spending that sort of money on a gpu with 90 day warranty, just to save few hundred quid on a new one, if you can afford to drop 1,5k on a used gpu, then why not buy new.

Back
Top Bottom