Back4Blood

Associate
New game by Turtle Rock Studios - the people who brought is Left 4 Dead. Will be keeping an eye on this. Looks like a familiar style, so hopefully it'll be as good as L4D was.

Soldato
Another riveting title and unfamiliar gameplay mechanics.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was worried that it's basically more of the same but eight years too late. But from reading the website it might have a few additions to freshen it up a bit. For example, "A new “roguelike” card system creates different experiences each and every time, putting you in control to craft custom decks, roll different builds and undertake more demanding fights. The Game Director is constantly adjusting to player actions, ensuring exciting fights, extreme gameplay diversity, and tougher legions of Ridden – including mutated boss types up to 20 feet tall."

Boring its just L4D2 with recent graphics.
Just as long as you don't buy CoD/Fifa every year you are welcome to your opinion here...

Yeah the first person bit was important to me too, so when I saw a gameplay trailer I had to watch it. The ADS also helps it move forwards and the slightly different setting helps it for me too. Let's face it, with Valve's inability to count to 3, this is the closest to L4D3 we are ever going to get, and it is made by the same developers as the originasl L4D. Win win and I am definately looking forward to it.

Soldato
The first L4D was a breath of fresh air (or was it Dead Air) at the time, but this will have competition. Darktide releases next year too, and Fatshark have pedigree with their previous WH co-op games. And R6 Quarantine is still being worked on (I assume). Good times for those of us who like shooting zombies/infected/plague ridden with a few mates though!

Associate
OP
The first L4D was a breath of fresh air (or was it Dead Air) at the time, but this will have competition. Darktide releases next year too, and Fatshark have pedigree with their previous WH co-op games. And R6 Quarantine is still being worked on (I assume). Good times for those of us who like shooting zombies/infected/plague ridden with a few mates though!

I loved L4D, not so much L4D2. While it's pretty similar I felt the settings in the first felt more zombie movie-esque whereas in #2 they didn't. Plus the characters in 1 were better.

Caporegime
I loved L4D, not so much L4D2. While it's pretty similar I felt the settings in the first felt more zombie movie-esque whereas in #2 they didn't. Plus the characters in 1 were better.
The first game was set at night whereas the second was during the day which I think had a dramatic effect on the atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom