Back4Blood

Associate
That's the issue I have with it. It's just a fancy new version but still like for like. I bet that's due to WB publishing it.

It's fun, love the gun play, lighting, maps but it's not £50 fun. Will get my time out of the beta though.

why do you think its WB behind the price? Evolve was made by these guys but published by 2K and that had some of the worst pricing and mtx ever, the fact they have already annouced a "store" for this just means its gna another mtx cash fest like evolve, give it two years or less and i bet left for dead will have a higher player count lmao, Its not a bad game but **** the price + in game shop on launch, the only thing this has over for l4d is graphics, mod support for l4d already makes it the better game imo

Soldato
why do you think its WB behind the price? Evolve was made by these guys but published by 2K and that had some of the worst pricing and mtx ever, the fact they have already annouced a "store" for this just means its gna another mtx cash fest like evolve, give it two years or less and i bet left for dead will have a higher player count lmao, Its not a bad game but **** the price + in game shop on launch, the only thing this has over for l4d is graphics, mod support for l4d already makes it the better game imo

Agreed

Soldato
Have yet to play with a group and the solo experience as with most games like this is miserable, but dipped in to a game quickly last night on my own just to check it worked... I thought the graphics seemed fine and that was certainly one area where L4D2 was showing its age so it's nice to have...

As to the rest I'll reserve judgement until my group are on to play it properly - it seemed alright, more of the same really with just a few tweaks. I agree about the potential overload of microtransaction nonsense being a worry - barely 2 minutes into the Beta and you'll spot the 2 different types of in-game currency, the shop, the cards/decks, weapon attachments, massive roster of characters with cosmetic items. I can live with most of that but as above if the campaigns are limited or gated behind absurd paywalls then I think it will leave a bad taste. Maybe pick up in a few years once it's all bundled together so you get some sort of complete package for a more reasonable cost

But still, let's see if the game itself is fun before worrying about that as if it's not a good enough game in the first place then none of it matters anyway!

Soldato
For those with graphics being blurry, make sure to put resolution scale to 100, it defaults to lower than that. I cranked everything at max and I think it looks brilliant!

Caporegime
Yeah had a blast it feels very unpolished and for some reason when crouching there's a weird lag/janky tearing effect for me. Appreciate it's a BETA but it feels miles away from being a final product. I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay in release.

Definitely nothing in here that makes me want to pre order at £40 odd.

Edit: also what's with the lack of headshots taking a zombies head off? Maybe it was just the AR I was using but a headshot doesn't explode the head in that, oh so satisfying, way. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I must've played a different game from everyone else but I had a lot of fun. The asking price of £50 is a bit steep for me but if this was £30-£40 I would've caved if I knew a few friends would buy it

Associate
L4D & L4D2 was way more immersive, they completely lost the atmosphere of the first 2 games. The levels are smaller with less ways to go. The zombies are still to easy and very predictable and the special zombies aren't as random or well thought out as L4D so you know what's coming before you even start the level. The card system is just a arcadey gimmick for kids. No mod support. No dedicated servers like L4D. Totally locked down for there microtransaction economy later when the game releases. Would be money on it. I played the Alpha and now the Beta and it just get's boring after a few hours of gameplay. Nothing like L4D series :(

Associate
Well after about an hour or 1.5 hours playing the Beta, I can see a lot of potential in it. I loved it, the graphics were nice and detailed without being over the top. Shame the price of the game is so high.

The deck/ card system thing was a little confusing in the beginning but when I got used to it it was quite good, get extra stamina, ammo etc. Defo a game I can see myself playing a decent bit. Wont buy it though yet as it releases too close to Battlefield 2042 and ive already got my eyes on that and time off work to play it :D

Caporegime
The Left 4 Dead games were great at building suspense. You could hear a Boomer or the guy with the tongue or the Hunter before you saw them which just made you wary and the music built the tension up. God forbid you started hearing Crying! The special ‘ridden’ here appear too often and generally just end up as cannon fodder. There’s no suspense and while the only level I played was the first one, blow up the ferry, the map itself felt tiny compared to the L4D levels. Will likely play more over the weekend but at least on the short play I had it doesn’t feel anywhere close to a £50 game.

Soldato
Only way anyone will pay £50 for this is if some kids favourite streamer shills the **** out of it.

Must have been bring your child to work day when they worked on the sounds for the weapons. They are so, so, so poor. I take it the servers are actually peer to peer hosting? As your team-mates constantly warp in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom