• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bad News if you ordered the Rog Strix 3080 OC

Associate
One big UK retailer has managed a handy page dedicated to 3080 and 3090 stock. You can see how many orders per model - very useful. Here, too busy counting all the £M's in the pre-order account.

as much as i appreciate this community, is there somewhere else where nvidia stock issues are freely discussed? having to tip toe around the names of "rivals" all feels a bit counter productive when discussing a market-wide problem.

the nvidia reddit is okay but a bit yank-heavy and prone to apologism.

Associate
only just seen this, im 12th in the queue i think, this is all i was expecting to see in the update for these cards but zero info, i think most people are happy to wait and understand it is what it is, but i think if your willing to take peoples money you need to be willing to upadate for every card type/brand you have taken money for, even if its so give bad news or potential months wait like the above . i must have spent £5k or more in my history here but have a bad tatse in my mouth now.

Its only a gpu for sure but people struggle a lot more than others to dish out the money for these things and its important to know whats going on, i think in the future ill just use amazon customer service is always 100% and imagine being charged a delivery fee for a canceled order on a product not even in store. nice

Soldato
I had no delays when I purchased my 2080 Ti at launch.
I had no delays when I purchased my (Maxwell) Titan at launch and though the fan failed on day 2 a replacement arrived swiftly.
I had no delays when I purchased my 780 Ti at launch.

Nvidia have cocked up massively.

I had no delays buying my 1080TI
I had no delays buying my 3080
:D

Associate
Hmmm 244th in the queue! Not gonna see that until spring 2021, I’m gonna see what AMD offers and if I can get one of them it’s time to cancel the Strix. Luckily I still have a 1070ti in my rig so I can at least use it.

Associate
as much as i appreciate this community, is there somewhere else where nvidia stock issues are freely discussed? having to tip toe around the names of "rivals" all feels a bit counter productive when discussing a market-wide problem.

the nvidia reddit is okay but a bit yank-heavy and prone to apologism.
Agreed, anyone hint at this “major UK retailer” because I am buggered if I can find it!

Soldato
Agreed, anyone hint at this “major UK retailer” because I am buggered if I can find it!

I assume they meant (could be wrong though) the Hexus.net forums, which are run in partnership with said 'major UK retailer'

There, I gave the info without saying whose name dare not be spoken around these parts :p

Associate
The ability too preorder this should have been removed at about 4pm on the 24th.

It's pretty ridiculous that OCUK are continuing to take preorder money from people for a product that it seems they haven't yet received a single unit of yet.

Not sure when the guys above ordered, but its probably fairly safe to assume OC now have up to 1000 of these on preorder that they have no hope of satisfying in the coming weeks.

that's £1.7m of their customers cash.....just on one iteration of the 3090.

Madness

Associate

I disagree..... if OC clearly stated on the product page that you are joining a queue of up to 1000 people for a product then maybe yes.

as it is there’s nothing on there to suggest how long the queue is, how few are being received (if any) or any clue that you will likely be waiting well into the new year if you order now. Not everyone uses these forums, not everyone is an enthusiast following this release. That doesn’t make them stupid when they order something that is listed for preorder.

There should be a responsibility on the seller to be honest and upfront about the situation.

I had no delays when I purchased my 2080 Ti at launch.
I had no delays when I purchased my (Maxwell) Titan at launch and though the fan failed on day 2 a replacement arrived swiftly.
I had no delays when I purchased my 780 Ti at launch.

Nvidia have cocked up massively.

Have they, or will the stock miraculously start flowing around the time Big Navi launches?

Associate
Excuse my extreme ignorance but is there any huge disadvantage going from Nvidia to AMD if you have an Intel CPU? Will the AMD play nice or is this where having decent drivers comes into play?

Associate
Excuse my extreme ignorance but is there any huge disadvantage going from Nvidia to AMD if you have an Intel CPU? Will the AMD play nice or is this where having decent drivers comes into play?
will be absolutly fine, some games are optimized for AMD cards and amd new cpu line up looks veryn nice no reason not to get an amd card now but i know where your coming from

Back
Top Bottom