Bahrain Grand Prix 2015, Sakhir - Race 4/19

Man of Honour
Wonder if Rosberg is going to be complaining that Hamilton is driving too fast and will wear out the engine and put the teams result at risk? ;)

Caporegime
I still don't know why Kvyat was promoted from Toro Rosso. Would have much preferred to see Vergne promoted. He comprehensively beat Kvyat.

You can say it as often as you like but

http://grandprixrankings.com/compare/2014-f1/vergne-versus-kvyat/

Kvyat beat him in qualifying and it was 6 to 5 in race for Vergne. That is an experienced driver vs rookie. Experienced drivers are far less likely to improve significantly than a rookie did. In his rookie season he quite easily matched Vergne. The choice of which to take to RBR was very obvious and if he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out.

He's raced well and overtaking Ricciardo and was doing better in Malaysia till Hulk stupidly hit him. He's looked decent but his car has been useless. Failed to even get him to the grid in race one, blew up last week again.

That car is a bit of a dog and it's failing more for Kvyat, it's insane to judge him over the past three races and one bad qualifying session would also be nuts to judge his future career over. He was impressive all last year, and he's been impressive on track this year... when his car hasn't failed him.

Caporegime
To be honest I think Hamilton is mostly just proving a point, considering Massa's time I'd be surprised if Rosberg was going absolutely flat out on that lap.

I think there will be several cars into the 1:32's in end of Q3.

Soldato
Unless Nico made a huge mistake that i didnt see, could this be Nico trying to play it smart, keeping more life in his race tyres in the hope that he can jump lewis in the first stint of the race?

Caporegime
The real question is did Hamilton take more life out of the tire. Possibly but if the car is just faster and he's just the faster driver who knows. They didn't show Rosberg making a mistake but going wide, getting dust on the tires, locking up can all slow you down while also taking more rather than less life out of the tire. Frankly hamilton won't have tire life issues against Rosberg, he's too much faster. He'll be ahead of him on track and have pitting first advantage, and most likely have clean air vs Rosberg not having it.

Back
Top Bottom