Bahrain Grand Prix 2016, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Caporegime
I think Grosjean could win the title in the right car.

Good result for Grosjean, quite a bit of midfield battles, disappointing like of action between the top four.

I'm not a fan of Grosjean at all however I also don't think he's a bad driver. But he's currently in a nearly identical to Ferrari car, most of the grid has **** engines or **** cars. They are pretty much the third best team on the grid currently, I'd bet on Ferrari supplying them with weaker engine maps and the like.

Today due to a bunch of contact, a bunch of damage on a bunch of cars and stupid tire strategies from multiple teams Grosjean had a very easy race. Powerful car, high straight line speed and optimal tire strategy. He cruised past everyone and had a better car than basically all of them. It wasn't particularly impressive.

Haas will finished 3rd or 4th this year in the constructors unless reliability continues to hurt them. Guti has had well, a failure this race and had an issue early in the last race.

All I'm really saying is keep in mind how good the Haas is before over estimating what Grosjean is doing. He's not doing badly, but he's not doing anything really special either. The car is more than capable of breezing past Williams and being extremely competitive with RBR.

Soldato
I think now is the time for Hamilton to stop posting videos of himself playing the piano, wearing the latest 'fashion', posing with celebrities, posing with his cars and jets etc and actually put racing at the top of his agenda again. Its like he's switched off since he won the title last year...

He did all that the past 2 seasons as well? :confused:

Man of Honour
He just needs to practice the starts.
We are going to see so many bad starts this year up and down the grid. It's hardest starts in well probably their careers with these new start rules as well as power units.

Ham needs to do some serious time practicing it.

Soldato
He did all that the past 2 seasons as well? :confused:

I follow him on FB and Instagram and It just feels like he's upped it over the last year? I don't know.. I think i'm just frustrated that Nico is winning. :o I'd actually prefer Vettel to win out of the two and that's really saying something! Haha!

smr

smr

Soldato
Think Rosberg did that on purpose, I think he got him wide, took him very slow pushed him out wide hoping someone would get a chance to get at him into the first corner. Worked, but he was sooo slow through there. In terms of making sure the team is 1-2 through the first corner Rosberg did everything wrong for the team.

Does Hamilton have a piece of someones wing stuck under his car?

You do make me laugh :) If that was Hamilton doing that to Rosberg you'd be saying how good a job he did closing him off. Brilliant :D

smr

smr

Soldato
I think Button and Alonso should be worried about their future. Clearly, younger, hungrier drivers can do better things with the McLaren cars.

Hmm... you do realise Button was ahead of Vandoorne having made up 4 places from the start whilst Vandoorne only made one, before Button's car conked out, or did you not watch the start of the race?

Very good debutant race by SV but to say there are hungrier drivers than Button and Alonso is a bit dumb.

Just like Perez was younger and hungrier and scored more points than Button.
Just like Magnusson was the next big thing "lightning quick" being called by everyone and he beat Button and trounced Button head 2 head - being the younger and hungrier driver...

Oh wait.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Well that's was pretty good.

I agree with Brundle, while utterly insanely complicated, the new tyres rules bringing 3 compounds to the race has improved things.

It's a shame Saturdays are so screwed, because Sundays have been pretty good.

Caporegime
Highlights are short on c4

Great drive by RG and veldorne

Do like the 3 tyre rule but I've always wanted free choice completely

I agree. Don't know why mclaren are paying for button and alonso when car makes so much more difference than driver

Caporegime
I agree. Don't know why mclaren are paying for button and alonso when car makes so much more difference than driver

Honda are paying most of not all of Alonso's wages. And surely when/if the car and engine does come good you want someone who can maximise that potential in the car?

Caporegime
Honda are paying most of not all of Alonso's wages. And surely when/if the car and engine does come good you want someone who can maximise that potential in the car?

They appear unable to define when that might be though. Last year they said this year, already this year they are saying next year.

Caporegime
Probably not no, but to me he doesn't look the same since he won the title.

I don't understand why people keep saying these things.

Hamilton has had 2 pole positions, and been faster than Rosberg in both races. The only thing he has done wrong is have 2 bad starts. In every other area he's been better than Rosberg at the points that count.

Soldato
Watching the race live I thought that Bottas had been harshly dealt with, particularly as the incident was in the melee of the start where normally anything goes. Hamilton left too big a gap, looking to swing back from very wide to get a better drive off the corner than Rosberg (which may well have worked if he'd gotten a better start and there weren't so many cars close behind him).

Looking at the replays though, the speed with which Bottas took the gap was clearly too high. It was the complete opposite of Hamilton (wide and slow in, fast out) and I think he may well have run overly wide on the exit if he hadn't caught Hamilton's car on the way through.

Despite it being the start of the race, on reflection I think the penalty was justified.

Back
Top Bottom