Bahrain Grand Prix 2016, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Caporegime
It won't happen. The only options are stay with the elimination or vote for the aggregate system. The vote would require unanimous agreement from all the teams. Forcing drivers to do 6 hot laps screws any Q3 regulars on tyres, so there's no way I can see Mercedes or Ferrari voting for this. As crap as the elimination system is, Mercedes and Ferrari should regularly make top 4 with about 4 hot laps. Why would they vote in a system that means they will perform just the same in Qualifying, but have a compromised race?

We will have the elimination crap in China.

Associate
And no champagne either... That'll suck for Kimi...

No champagne from this point on either. No longer sponsored by Mumm. Bernie decided that the $5.5million wasn't enough so they sodded off to Formula E.

We're now going to have Chandon Brut sparkling wine...

If F1 carries on like this, Bernie won't even be able to attract Asda £5.99 Prosecco for the celebrations :D :D

Caporegime
Would be utterly boned by a yellow or reg flag too.

If you had a red flag 2/3rds of the way into Q3 it would prevent anyone being able to complete 2 runs, so you end up with a top 10 where nobody has qualified.

It also forced everyone to be on the track more, which may seem good for the fans, but also forced the drivers to be in each others way more. It will just result in a mass "he blocked me" fest with the grid being randomly reshuffled after the fact with penalties.

Soldato

If you had a red flag 2/3rds of the way into Q3 it would prevent anyone being able to complete 2 runs, so you end up with a top 10 where nobody has qualified.

It also forced everyone to be on the track more, which may seem good for the fans, but also forced the drivers to be in each others way more. It will just result in a mass "he blocked me" fest with the grid being randomly reshuffled after the fact with penalties.

Sounds amazing... :p :( :( :(

Caporegime

Which is exactly what the Promoters want. Or so Bernie says anyway. Mixed up grids to add some spice to the race.

Caporegime
I was talking about this with some friends at the weekend and realised that following F1 is now making me angry. I don't really want to invest time in continuing to watch something that makes me angry every time I turn it on.

Caporegime
I was talking about this with some friends at the weekend and realised that following F1 is now making me angry. I don't really want to invest time in continuing to watch something that makes me angry every time I turn it on.

I've gone beyond that. I find it comedic.
All I want to see is crashes, another crappy qualifying and bernie get ever closer to appearing in the walking dead not needing makeup!

It's almost like I want it to destroy itself.
An hour of highlights when I have nothing to do is enough for me now.

It's an hour every two weeks with end of quali and c4 highlights.
Only a couple or 3 years ago I'd watch every race without fail, every pre show, every Q session

It's good (and sad) to see so many others on same page

Soldato
All I want to see is crashes, another crappy qualifying and bernie get ever closer to appearing in the walking dead not needing makeup!

Only a couple or 3 years ago I'd watch every race without fail, every pre show, every Q session

It sure is sad :(

I'm not quite at that point yet, I've gone from watching/listening to practice sessions and watching all pre and post race stuff, following up with stuff online to pretty much jsut watching the race and quali live (when not at work).

It's a real shame but there are racing series I am enjoying much more at the moment, less drama and rules getting in the way and more good quality racing.

Soldato

It is slowly chipping away at me too. But I still love it - these days far more for appreciating what the cars are capable of rather than watching them race each other.

I still get a kick out of watching them live, seemingly defying physics. But it is fast becoming a very expensive luxury.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom