Bahrain Grand Prix 2016, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Soldato
Hamilton has clearly given up. He just doesn't seem to have the same drive this year. Can't blame him with his lifestyle tbh.

Actually thats exactly what should make him a sportsman if you ask me (the NEED to win every time out)

Exactly the same as a footballer winning league title year after year.

Caporegime
Bernie Ecclestone said:
Asked what F1 should be like, he said: "Like it used to be. I didn't find anything wrong with the V8s and neither did anyone else."

Except Renault, who said they'd quit if the engines carried on. Oh, and Honda who said they wouldn't come back with the V8's.

I just wish he'd retire already.

Caporegime
Except Renault, who said they'd quit if the engines carried on. Oh, and Honda who said they wouldn't come back with the V8's.

I just wish he'd retire already.

And Mercedes, who also confirmed they would leave, and Ferrari, who would prefer a V12 if they had their way. And Cosworth, who had already given up on F1 regardless.

The V8s were also pathetically outdated when you see the leap forward they made with move to V6s which still left them behind where WEC had already been for a couple of years.

Were taking about an engine design that was developed in 2004! For a formula so resistant to back track on its rules that they stick with a stupid qualifying system, suggesting a return to 12 year old, slower engines is beyond idiotic.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
Ce9-7djWEAEyZG9.jpg

P3, only FP2, but P3, not third from the back, great stuff :cool:

Caporegime
Ce9-7djWEAEyZG9.jpg

P3, only FP2, but P3, not third from the back, great stuff :cool:

Its amazing isn't it. Quite literally the moment Alonso steps out of an F1 car, it gets better! :p

Boring quali, predictable race, rubbish track.

It's a tough decision between highlights or or read the news Sunday evening!

BTCC season opener at Brands. Well worth going, and if not, there's 6 hours of racing to be had on ITV4 HD instead :)

smr

smr

Soldato
You might want to calm down and wait for Qualifying and the Race. There's no points for FP2.

I am calm, like I said "only fp2" but things look certainly better. Even if the car was running on fumes that's still decent pace shown today. I'd expect Ferrari and maybe a couple of other teams will squeeze in there between Merc and McLaren tomorrow and the long run pace might be a different story but yeah, definitely looks better to be P3 in FP2 compared to say 15th-18th.

Back
Top Bottom