Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2021, Sakhir - Race 1/23

Rate the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
I wonder whether with the shorter practice sessions we'll learn more or less from them?

On another note: disappointing to see journalists fishing for information on Michael at the driver's press conference with Mick.

Associate
Mercedes looking slow. Oh, wait...

They seem to have found some pace. It’s a miracle.

Yea but at this stage last year they had 6 tenths on everyone else, and it was already obvious who was going to win the championship!

This year that 6 tenths covers four teams, and it's still unclear where they're at.

I have no particular allegiance these days, so I'm hoping it's close and we get a proper fight.

Associate
I'm guessing with the shorter sessions they're splitting the focus so one driver looks for raw pace and one looks at race balance and that explains some of the team mate gaps in some instances.

Soldato
I hope quali is this close/mixed, but I doubt it

I'm sure Mercedes will remove the sand bags at some point

j0ddibndlfm21.jpg

Soldato
Pretty much as expected for most of the grid.

Mercedes look quick but still fairly on edge (if so that's an awful lot of pace potentially waiting to be unlocked), Red Bull look to be up there and McLaren might catch them sleeping at a race this year if their easily copied diffuser trick isn't giving them a big short-term advantage.

Perez and Sainz appear to have started fairly well in very different cars.

Ferrari looked so much more stable than in testing and their race pace was surprisingly competitive, so could be mixing it with McLaren in tier two for now.

Still extremely close in the midfield, though as per previous posts Alpine better be carrying more fuel than those around them otherwise they're only going to be ahead of Williams and Haas in the early races, both of who are, as expected, a few tenths behind everyone else with both eyes on 2022 and an extremely long season ahead.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah not looking good for alpine.
But a one team / one engine partnership and a downgrade in drivers (probably) is not a good move.

They've not looked fast all winter.

Alpha tauri however. Do look strong

Caporegime
Toto will come on after qualifying tomorrow and say ‘We put the sandbags in the wrong place vich messed with the balance hence Valtteri’s complaints about the balance. Once we took them out the car was perfect’

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom