Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

Not sheltered. My nephew is gay and quite a few friends are too.

Up to them what they believe in or do. Doesn't mean i have to keep my mouth shut and agree with what they believe in just as much as people dont believe in God but still post about it!

Free speech, have you heard of it?

I didn't suggest that you're not entitled to an opinion, just that your opinion is utterly ridiculous ;).

This thread is not for gays! It is about an issue brought about by a stupid gay couple who just had to take a bakery to court because they were strong christians who were against the idea of gay slogans on cakes made by them!

The gay couple knew the beliefs of the bakery yet they still demanded sick writing on the cake!

It wasn't a gay couple and Ashers doesn't advertise themselves as a Christian bakery so try again.

4gzJeNB.jpg

Could a Jewish bakery be compelled by someone who asked their bakery in Golders Green to bake this?

The Swastika isn't illegal in this country. If the person making the request was a homosexual then according to the logic of some the Jewish bakery would be discriminating against them based on their sexuality.

These false equivalences are starting to do my nut in now...

Are Nazis a protected minority under discrimination laws? No. Are homosexuals? Yes.

Next!

The law says otherwise.

Thankfully you don't make the law but you do have to abide by it.

Seems to me that the implication is that this particular Law basically allows anybody who might be a "Protected Minority" to force people to work for them against their will.

"Discrimination" might well be unfair, But surely "Slavery" is not a legitimate response to it!;)

Seems to me that the implication is that this particular Law basically allows anybody who might be a "Protected Minority" to force people to work for them against their will.

"Discrimination" might well be unfair, But surely "Slavery" is not a legitimate response to it!;)
Simple, just make up some BS excuse as to why you don't want to serve someone.

No but you are

NO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is not for gays! It is about an issue brought about by a stupid gay couple who just had to take a bakery to court because they were strong christians who were against the idea of gay slogans on cakes made by them!

The gay couple knew the beliefs of the bakery yet they still demanded sick writing on the cake!

Sick? :o

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Nobody is the same. Its just when people like the Gay rights movement thrust their ideals down the throat of those who believe different.

If the gay couple wanted a gay slogan on their cake why didnt they choose some bakery with the same beliefs?

Back
Top Bottom