Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

My point is that you don't get all of the above happen to you just because you are straight, that's why gays need 'special' laws.

Mate you'll never get through to certain folk on here. They have no understanding of the Equality Act and why it exists.

Society is still full of bigotry and thanks to the Equality Act these bigots are struggling to find places to hide. Make examples of all these people is the only way society will start to learn that certain behaviors are unacceptable

My point is that you don't get all of the above happen to you just because you are straight, that's why gays need 'special' laws.

Rubbish. Bad things can happen to you if you're tall or short, fat or thin, black or white, rich or poor etc. Whatever sets you apart is always going to be cause for people to treat you poorly. Creating special laws for homosexuals not only suggests that they are the perpetual victim, but also sets a precedent for others to get special laws too. Its utterly stupid and dis-empowering.

Mate you'll never get through to certain folk on here. They have no understanding of the Equality Act and why it exists.

Society is still full of bigotry and thanks to the Equality Act these bigots are struggling to find places to hide. Make examples of all these people is the only way society will start to learn that certain behaviors are unacceptable

It exists to make money for the judiciary.

It wasn't a good argument the first time around.

Do you really think a record shop should be compelled to stock certain products? What sort of fascism is this.

Standing urinals only. Does nobody poo-poo in this school?

A library is state owned and as such has duties to provide services like disabled access. I don't believe a private company should be compelled to provide disabled access.

The point, which seemingly requires shorter words to explain, is that a service can be discriminatory in nature even if it is offered equally to all.

i.e. that no-one, gay or straight, can buy a gay cake doesn't mean that refusing to offer homosexual cake options is not discriminatory.

Indeed. As an egalitarian I believe that everyone should be treated equally under the law. It's not happening all the time everywhere though right now. Fortunately, things can work out ok in the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25119158

If the bakers were Catholics could they NOT have used the following as an excuse NOT to take the order.

Leviticus 20:13 (KJV) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them.

I'm a born again Atheist, heterosexual and have nothing against gay (homosexual) marriage.

The point, which seemingly requires shorter words to explain, is that a service can be discriminatory in nature even if it is offered equally to all.

i.e. that no-one, gay or straight, can buy a gay cake doesn't mean that refusing to offer homosexual cake options is not discriminatory.

So you would agree that a food place not serving none halal meat to a Christian is being discriminatory?

If the bakers were Catholics could they NOT have used the following as an excuse NOT to take the order.

Leviticus 20:13 (KJV) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them.

I'm a born again Atheist, heterosexual and have nothing against gay (homosexual) marriage.

Well for a start they wouldn't cite a protestant bible. Apart from that they would have a better understanding of Jesus's fulfilment of the old law.

they would have a better understanding of Jesus's fulfilment of the old law.

There is no mention of Jesus recanting the arcane laws on homosexuality in the New Testament. Same with slavery. In fact Jesus is referenced as saying 'Slaves obey your masters, even the cruel ones' (Ephesians 6:5)(1 Peter 2:18 ).

So you can say the New Testament brought with it a new covenant till the cows come home, but actually it didn't. People today just cherry pick the bible and this cherry picking spans the old testament as well as the new.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom