Ballack to Chelsea?

Soldato
whats with all the speculation...

all this would have probably been started in some little forum in the e community.

like the glen hoddle manager for newcastle... somebody on a forum started it all off, hoddle himself had to deny it.

i cant see chelsea wasting money on ballack, not a waste for his talent, but a waste as they have plenty talent

Man of Honour
Not that strange a move really.... Chelsea want to have the best SQUAD in europe, meaning >20 'world class' or at least 'excellent' players. Ballack would certainly command a place in a 25 man european squad. And on the flipside, a salary of over £6m a year would be hard for the player to refuse.

Don't forget Chelsea have offloaded Veron, Smertin and Jarosik, and with Maniche only being on loan they may wish to bring in more than just Diarra as a replacement. Geremi isn't really good enough to play at the highest level in Europe so they probably fancy Ballack to give them a few more options.

Soldato
HangTime said:
Not that strange a move really.... Chelsea want to have the best SQUAD in europe, meaning >20 'world class' or at least 'excellent' players. Ballack would certainly command a place in a 25 man european squad. And on the flipside, a salary of over £6m a year would be hard for the player to refuse.

Don't forget Chelsea have offloaded Veron, Smertin and Jarosik, and with Maniche only being on loan they may wish to bring in more than just Diarra as a replacement. Geremi isn't really good enough to play at the highest level in Europe so they probably fancy Ballack to give them a few more options.

I thought Veron was still on loan to Inter.

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:

ya. veron,smertin, and jarosik are on loan till the end of this season. i doubt they have a future at chelsea. veron is looking to go back to south america, smertin russia, and jarosik to his old club iirc

Associate
If chelsea want to have the best squad in europe, then they'll end up as the english version of real madrid, early years they was fantastic, now there not. Ballack to chelsea wont happen, ballack to man utd...well i still hope that happens. Hes much needed as scholes aint the player he was. Possibly Diarra from lyon aswell someone with physical presence and ability to change games. I heard a rumour (which yes did start on the net AFAIK) that fergie wants ryan babel from ajax, as hes looking at a long term replacement for RVN

Soldato
Nickg said:
i believe this was put down to Fergie being completely off his rocker, at the time claiming he was too similar to scholes and rooney.

i wish we had a good manager imagine how good a team we could be?

More needs to be made of this comment.

Man of Honour
Tony Soprano said:

He is, but it's a very long loan (originally one year, then extended by a further two years), meaning that he will be out of contract by the time it expires. Effectively, he is no longer a Chelsea player, except for the fact that they are still paying some of his wages. Basically it's like a free transfer but with the club continuing to leak money.

Soldato
HangTime said:
He is, but it's a very long loan (originally one year, then extended by a further two years), meaning that he will be out of contract by the time it expires. Effectively, he is no longer a Chelsea player, except for the fact that they are still paying some of his wages. Basically it's like a free transfer but with the club continuing to leak money.

Leaking money is right, we originally bought him for £28.1million, we have him for 2 seasons, he plays a few good games. He signs for Chelsea for £15million, Man Utd have just lost £13million.

He features in 14 games and Chelsea come to same conclusion we did, and loan him out and continue to pay his wages which come to around £4million a year. And at the end of it all, he goes for free.

So we've lost £13million and Chelsea have effectively lost £15million and his wages for the last yr and a half plus the next two.

Funny old game. :eek:

Permabanned
Yeah which is why MU aint going for him

They cant compete with the wages Chelski can pay and we dont want
the changing room squabbles when the rest of the players see him picking up wads ;)

Back
Top Bottom