Bambu Lab P1S Released

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
tbh when I ordered it was OOS so I'm getting one with my next order of plastic.

Plan is to use it for larger, functional parts where detail is not as needed. the 0.2 will be for when I want smaller, more detailed stuff printing.

I got and will be getting complete assemblies for ease of use.
I placed order earlier, went with 0.2 and 0.8 in the end. I was going to get all four but 0.4 and 0.6 were out of stock. At some point I would like to give CF a go so I'll order the other two then and the gears.

Associate
How many people have actually been running the P1S (with or without the AMS)? I've got an itch to upgrade my original ender 3 with something a bit more fully featured and slightly lower maintenance and the P1S looks like a really good 'worth it' upgrade.

Associate
If I were in the market, I'd get one. I bought the A1 which is a much better price point for me, but any Bambu device has the advantage that you spend a lot of time printing and very little time tinkering!

I forget how much resin I wasted with my 1st-gen resin printer, I feel like I was about 50% (maybe less) successful with prints. With bambu, I'm at 98%+ success rate.

Soldato
How many people have actually been running the P1S (with or without the AMS)? I've got an itch to upgrade my original ender 3 with something a bit more fully featured and slightly lower maintenance and the P1S looks like a really good 'worth it' upgrade.

I had a Neptune 3 but rarely used it due to it being a faff, got a P1S with AMS and love it, printed so much with it so far, even the wife can use it

Associate
I had a Neptune 3 but rarely used it due to it being a faff, got a P1S with AMS and love it, printed so much with it so far, even the wife can use it
Yeah, this is the thing that I am hoping to get. If I think of something that I want to print out or design, the thought of re-leveling, fixing the octoprint pi that is attached and generally getting things working again is a barrier which makes me generally just think its not worth it.

Soldato
Yeah, this is the thing that I am hoping to get. If I think of something that I want to print out or design, the thought of re-leveling, fixing the octoprint pi that is attached and generally getting things working again is a barrier which makes me generally just think its not worth it.
Not had to do anything like that with my P1S, got it out the box, connect to wifi and away it went printing, only had the odd failure but that is more trying to print something small designed for resin printing rather than fdm

Associate
I previously had the CR-10s and spent more time faffing with it than actually printing. I've been running the P1S (upgraded from P1P) since release and added an AMS earlier this year. No complaints at all and with improvements in firmware over that time has got better and better.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I use a P1S and a P1P, they are both great, I have still got a ender 3 S1 Pro but not used it in ages now.

Associate
I'm in a similar position.
I got moded Ender 3 neo with klipper that can print decently fast. I enjoy tinkering with it but i think i want a nice "box" coreXY so i can stick it in the corner of the room and just use it :D
.. or just print more parts for the ender3 :)

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I'm starting to have a nightmare with mine, first two weeks printed perfectly and was the best thing ever, now not so much! In the last two days I've had more failed prints than I ever did with the Prusa in the last 2 years! :mad:

Same filament, same settings, same model and the textured bed has had a good soapy clean and it just keeps failing.

Associate
I'm starting to have a nightmare with mine, first two weeks printed perfectly and was the best thing ever, now not so much! In the last two days I've had more failed prints than I ever did with the Prusa in the last 2 years! :mad:

Same filament, same settings, same model and the textured bed has had a good soapy clean and it just keeps failing.
What kind of failure? What is the model?

Mine is mostly solid, but do have the occasional issue. I generally disable the aux fan as otherwise the print tends to lift on the left hand side where the fan is.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
What kind of failure? What is the model?

Mine is mostly solid, but do have the occasional issue. I generally disable the aux fan as otherwise the print tends to lift on the left hand side where the fan is.

That could be it, but it has been printing fine and then suddenly having loads of failures

And also the top surface finish has drastically got worse, where I never had this issue before…

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I was hoping not to but spray glue has resolved the adhesion issues, it's just annoying I didn't have this problem originally and all of a sudden now I do. Maybe the plate is warped slightly, I have been bending it to remove parts rather than using the scraper :-/

I need to try and resolve the top layer issue now. I'll admit, even when it was good, it wasn't as good as the Prusa Mk3s+ but I'm probably being a little picky here.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
cleaned the plate? IPA or even disk soap will do.
Yup fairly liquid soapy water first and then 99% IPA after, still had the same issues. When I first got the P1S I didn't bother cleaning the plate, used it straight from the factory and prints came out perfect.

Soldato
almost looks like it's catching on something? have you checked under the hotend? and that everything down there (nozzle etc) are tight?

Back
Top Bottom