Barbie (2023)

Soldato
Obviously not my cup of tea, but it's about time Mattel caught up to the other toy companies out there. Still, any excuse to post an oldie but a goodie

4444_7f89_500.jpeg.jpg

Soldato
I mean seriously WTF is that all about? You lot have odd thoughts.

Its very simple really -

"This is Barbie, a toy traditionally played with by girls, is claimed by some to set an unrealistic body standard which may harm girls self-esteem, and this is considered to be BAD".

"This is He-Man, a toy traditionally played with by boys, and yet no-one complains about this unrealistic body standard which may harm boys self-esteem".

Treating the same thing (unrealistic body standards) differently just because one is "for girls" whilst the other is "for boys" is called hypocrisy and most people understand that this is BAD, which is why equality and inclusion (we should all be treated the same) are so important when fighting against hypocrisy.

EDIT: Personal attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suspended
Its very simple really -

"This is Barbie, a toy traditionally played with by girls, is claimed by some to set an unrealistic body standard which may harm girls self-esteem, and this is considered to be BAD".

"This is He-Man, a toy traditionally played with by boys, and yet no-one complains about this unrealistic body standard which may harm boys self-esteem".

Treating the same thing (unrealistic body standards) differently just because one is "for girls" whilst the other is "for boys" is called hypocrisy and most people understand that this is BAD, which is why equality and inclusion (we should all be treated the same) are so important when fighting against hypocrisy.

Funny memes hohoho.

Never mind that He-man is literally called the most powerful man in the universe, I'm sure all boys were trying to live up to that :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom