Barbie (2023)

Caporegime
Wow that was actually very funny for 80% of the film then a very strong political word sallad at the end that very few 14 year old girls are yet to understand in the slightest.

I can't wait to see the critical drinker and Mr H rip this apart, although Im sure they will also love the main story body...

Genuinely funny, clever, absurd humour
Great sets, 8/10

You gotta be a moron though to not expect the message.
Very Feminist message film.

Margot Robbie... Jeez... Legz Alive

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
at least its not a sequel or another pixel movie that feels like they couldn't be bothered which is most of the films recently.

Associate
YouTube reactionaries lol

80-DBAA47-429-D-4828-8-A5-E-1-F680035-ED55.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I recognise that bloke, he's popped up on my feed from time to time. Usually stuff to do with medieval/fantasy weapons and the like. Funny old world

Caporegime
Walked past the usually empty cinema in the local shopping center just now. Thursday evening 29c and perefct weather to be at the beach or sipping a beer on a terrace, and the cinema has a big queue of people!

I almost feel like I'm missing out by waiting to watch this on streaming :D

Edit: even my favourite UK politics broadcast is discussing barbiheimer!

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm sad how hard this is getting pre wrecked
By people that clearly haven't seen it.

Mr H livestream review 8pm.
I looked him up on youtube and quickly browsed the list of video titles. More or less the same as Critical Drinker and the other channels that get posted here by a few posters. I don't even know why you would watch their livestream and give them revenue when you can already guess what their take will be based on the thumbnails of their content :D

rp2000

Caporegime
I looked him up on youtube and quickly browsed the list of video titles. More or less the same as Critical Drinker and the other channels that get posted here by a few posters. I don't even know why you would watch their livestream and give them revenue when you can already guess what their take will be based on the thumbnails of their content :D

rp2000

Because ironically i am on that/their side of the fence when it comes to most stuff.
He hasn't seen it so, the streams pointless.

Soldato
Everything that challenges your world view is pRopAgAnDa these days :cry:

Just looked through some promotion photos on rotten tomatoes showing the actors and a label of who they are in the movie. All the men's labels are "He's just Ken", "You guessed it he's Ken", "Ken again". Whereas all the women's labels are "This Barbie is a doctor", "This Barbie has a nobel prize in physics", "This Barbie is president", "Barbie is everything". The only women who doesn't get a label like that is the pregnant one, her label is "She's Midge"
Imagine being livid over this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I asked about 10 people in my office today, all under 30, all races and genders and everyone knows about the Barbie movie and is planning to see it. 3 were going tonight. Openheimer, a lot less interest. A couple said they would barbenheiner and watch both in sequence. As a test I looked at the booking pages of a few cinemas and Barbie showings have many more seats filled (and more showings).

I guess there has been a lot of marketing that has passed me by! even Google search turns pink if you search Barbie or any related terms today!

Eventually FOMO might kick in and I might watch it. It made 25 million yesterday (I think in USA)!

rp2000

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I will watch it, but certainly not pay for a cinema ticket. I'll wait until it comes to online streaming or something. For me Openheimer is the type of movie to watch at the cinema, or make dedicated time for.

Soldato
YouTube reactionaries lol

80-DBAA47-429-D-4828-8-A5-E-1-F680035-ED55.jpg

Who in the hell watches Shadversity, a man who is primarily a medieval weapons & armour "historian" and re-enacter (I watched him a while back on a Katana vid), expecting a genuine review of "any" film instead of watching an actual movie reviewer? Are people taking this as a serious, actual review of the movie rather than just some random dude (still dressed in chain mail BTW) and his wife on YT giving their opinion on a film, which effectively makes it utterly worthless as an actual review?

Associate
Who in the hell watches Shadversity, a man who is primarily a medieval weapons & armour "historian" and re-enacter (I watched him a while back on a Katana vid), expecting a genuine review of "any" film instead of watching an actual movie reviewer? Are people taking this as a serious, actual review of the movie rather than just some random dude (still dressed in chain mail BTW) and his wife on YT giving their opinion on a film, which effectively makes it utterly worthless as an actual review?

You think I watch videos with thumbnails like that ?

Literally no clue who the guy is, just saw the thumbnail posted on social media and though it was hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom