Barbie (2023)

Vietnam has been triggered by Barbie due to her film showing an "offensive" map containing some islands contested by Vietnam and China. Vietnam has also pulled a few other films in the past due to this.

Permabanned
Soldato
Happens more than you'd know. What's the mad part is that WB didn't just cut it out and be done with it. That's your bread and butter of releasing movies internationally.

Reactions: fez
Associate
I’m thinking I might give this a punt at the cinema, looks like it could be a well-pitched comedy.

I said in this thread already, but the pedigree of talent especially behind the camera is just too good to ignore. Greta Gerwig is an immense talent and Noah Baumbach has been one of the most gifted screenwriters for years now. Both of them balance tone as good as any Director/writer living today.

Soldato
Heard the bbc interview with writer and its 12+ categorisation in the UK - inevitable because of the obvious genitals quips it has to make,
also the womens rights, and the man being an accessory, plot, whilst populist for GenZ , is becoming passé for the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom