Barbie (2023)

Soldato
I thought people didn't like going to the cinema anymore... Guess we can scrap that reason from all the recent flops eh :p
People want originality. Going to the cinema isnt cheap anymore, never was really, so who wants to pay good money to see the latest Marvel junk or a remake of a story that everyone knows 3 times over. I think big movies "blockbusters" like Transformers and the usual over the top Marvel films are tiring on people.

Lets put remakes / retelling of stories in the bin and get some original work + Moana 2 out there.

Soldato
Just for context - In just 1/2 the time, this film's box office only in US is already more that MI:7's worldwide box office - Thats just crazy :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Last movie i watched at the cinema was endgame, im too cheap to go unless it's really needed. I'm interested to see this when it's on streaming just because of all the hype and controversy surrounding it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My partner are this as she had some time off.. From what she said about it, don't think I'm that interested. Feel like it's been hyped up and some of the popularity it's the hype.

She seemed to like it though

Last edited:
More countries banning Barbie, this time on religious grounds due to the LGBT content, in particular with transgender politics apparently. The article did use the dated term though - transsexual. 2 indoctrinating topics at odds with each other.

Suspended
That's surprising.

Considering how much it's still making in cinemas you might think they would leave it to make as much as they can.

It's likely over $1.2 billion now (once they add Tuesdays and Wednesdays takings)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom