Bargain alert thread

Soldato
Now that we have our own subforum we may as well have a bargain thread - most other places have one.

I'll kick us off with a San Marco Ponza saddle for £5 from halfords. Collection only and not all stores have them in stock.
My first road bike (Bianchi Via Nirone) came with one of these, it was my favourite saddle for many years until I got my Charge Spoon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Potentially an incredibly stupid question, but can these type of seats also be used on MTBs? The Bontrager that came with my Trek 6300D is pretty atrocious.

Soldato
OP
But spoons are pretty good aren't they?
I love my spoon, but everybody is a different shape and different saddles will work better for different people.

Potentially an incredibly stupid question, but can these type of seats also be used on MTBs? The Bontrager that came with my Trek 6300D is pretty atrocious.

It will fit on a MTB - and it does say that it is used for road or MTB in the description but I dont think it would be as comfortable in MTB position.
I had mine on a road bike and you tend to lean further forward. MTB sits more upright and your weight is positioned differently on the saddle. Worth trying for that price though, you'll easily get the money back (+more on top) selling it second hand on ebay.

Soldato
My N2A came with that saddle but gave me bad pain as it was simply too thin for my sit bones, I believe it's a 130 and I needed a 143. Changed to a Fizik Chameleon and I can ride all day long with no bother. At a fiver if you need a saddle and fit a 130, it's deffinately worth a a punt!

Soldato
Don't wish to detract from the thread but reckon we should focus on the actual bargains rather than talking about stuff we've talked about numerous times in the main thread.

Back
Top Bottom