BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

OcUK Staff
OP
From another site it looks like this only has a vga input.

HI there

Ours are a DVI model, if they are not then the shipment will be rejected, but the manufacturer has confirmed the model we are taking has both Analogue and DVI connections. I am now trying to find out if its HDCP compliant.

lbt

lbt

Associate
Gibbo - you may have seen my thread about a 24" for use as a PC driven TV (ignore the bath bit - red herring that distracted people from the real question).

I'll be wall mounting it and angling it down to ensure it's being viewed "straight on".

All the posts that have suggested that PVA is better than TN for TV viewing seem to say that this is solely because of viewing angles. For my application I don't think viewing angles will be an issue.

The only hands-on experience I've had of LCDs is the 2007FPs I got from you last week (excellent and would work fine) and a Toshiba TV that was dreadful driven by a VGA/HDMI input.

Would it be possible to see how this monitor does with SD (and HD) video when it arrives? Ideally from about 6' away? If it's OK then I'll order one. If you look at it and you're not happy selling it as a 'suitable for TV use' then I'll get something else :)

(BTW there was a minor problem with my order for 2x 2007FPs that support hopefully have resolved and they're shipping tomorrow. If it's worth it then you may be able to take my order for one of these and ship them all together and save a wasted shipment). If you want to email/phone me then that's good too. I certainly won't mind holding up delivery of my replacements for a couple of days to allow you to ship them all together.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Shouldn't you be concerned about viewing angles at least a little bit? Your monitor/tv will be pointed downwards towards one end of the bath I presume but that's not where you'll always be.

How about when you're drying off? Also if you're anything like me, there's also the long periods on the bog to consider!

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Not a lot, but the tv wouldn't be pointed at the loo, it'd be pointed at the bath; i.e. viewing at an angle!

You know what its like when you're dying for the loo; would you stop to fiddle about with the tv mounting to get the right angle?

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

I have one of these setup, its definetely a PVA or similar panel as no matter from which angle you view it the picture remains perfect.

Backlight is also perfectly uniform and it looks a very nice bit of kit. No dead pixels either on this one. :)

Soldato
HI there

I have one of these setup, its definetely a PVA or similar panel as no matter from which angle you view it the picture remains perfect.

Backlight is also perfectly uniform and it looks a very nice bit of kit. No dead pixels either on this one. :)

that's great news, so it has DVI-I? and does it do 1:1 Pixel Mapping?

OcUK Staff
OP
that's great news, so it has DVI-I? and does it do 1:1 Pixel Mapping?

HI there

I don't understand exactly what this is?

When I lower the resolution the picture still fills the entire screen.

So I am unsure, but for this price for a PVA type panel I'd suspect the answer is no or it would just be to good of a deal to be true which it already is to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom