BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, Could you see if it scales well, i.e. quickly run a game at 1680 x 1050 and see if you notice any worsening of the picture compared to the optimum resolution. Thanks!

i'm very keen to indulge :)

P.S. Heres the specs of the slightly smaller model, they don't seem to have the 24" up on their website yet

http://www.digimate.co.uk/product/L-2242W.htm

Hi there

This PC has an 8500 GT in it, no good for gaming sorry. In windows at 1680x1050 everything looks huge and not as sharp at the native resolution of 1920x1200. For gaming I do not know.

One of the guys who work here has just purchased one, so maybe he will post later tonight as I know he is a games player. :)

Associate
Hi there

This PC has an 8500 GT in it, no good for gaming sorry. In windows at 1680x1050 everything looks huge and not as sharp at the native resolution of 1920x1200. For gaming I do not know.

One of the guys who work here has just purchased one, so maybe he will post later tonight as I know he is a games player. :)

thanks for the info.

PLEASE WILL GIBBO'S COLLEAGUE DO A REVIEW FOR US WITH SOME GAMES AT VARIOUS RESOLUTIONS. Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought one of these my self and its 100% PVA pannel, also has a very nice glossy front and its on par with the 24" dells we use on our test rigs.

ill get some pics up soon when i get round to sorting a cam out.

lbt

lbt

Associate
Just bought one of these my self and its 100% PVA pannel, also has a very nice glossy front and its on par with the 24" dells we use on our test rigs.

TiZoR - could you do me a *huge* favour/test.

Whilst the monitor is displaying a picture, could you turn it off at the mains wall socket and then, after a few seconds, turn it back on. I need to know if it displays a picture when you power it on at the mains or if you need to push the power button.

If it does I'll buy one now :)

Cheers

OcUK Staff
OP

Hi there

Its good, but I'd be surprised if its DELL quality, its certainly not got the same feature set, but for the money its incredible value. :)

SBD

SBD

Associate
I'm so near to pressing the "Go to Checkout" button lol :D

How would this compare to my LG L226WTQ (TN panel) for games and DVDs?

Also can someone measure how talk the screen is from the bottom of the stand to the top of the screen? I’m at uni and my room has shelves about 4" above my monitor lol.

Soldato
doesnt matter what angle i look at this monitor from the image never changes shade or colour

turn the monitor off at the plug while pc is still on, then turned the monitor back on at the plug and instantly turns on and displays picture i was just viewing.

Last edited:

Imy

Imy

Soldato
You're sorted for the bog then lbt! I am also feeling itchy fingers.

Just waiting to hear anything positive about gaming at lower resolutions (upscaling) and ghosting and I'll buy.

So far this monitor seems to be an unmissable deal.

OcUK Staff
OP
doesnt matter what angle i look at this monitor from the image never changes shade or colour

turn the monitor off at the plug while pc is still on, then turned the monitor back on at the plug and instantly turns on and displays picture i was just viewing.

Hi there

You tried any games at 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 for the guys here interested m8 on how well it scales?

I think what people want to know does the picture still look crisp and sharp when playing games at resolutions below the native resolution of 1920x1200, so does 1680x1050 look OK on this panel when gaming?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
My hardware may be able to play 99% of games at 1920x1200 at the moment but who knows in a year it may struggle with the latest games even at 1680x1050 so scaling is an important feature to me.

The 1920x1200 resolution appeals to me mainly for desktop use but not so essential for gaming when compared to say having a decent minimum stable fps.

Back
Top Bottom