Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
The way I see it is as follows:

With Bale and Nolan retiring from Batman, WB are in an awkward position because their hugely lucrative franchise stops steam rolling along. As such, they don't want to wait a good few years before rebooting.

If they started shooting a new Batman film now, I think without Bale and Nolan onboard, it wouldn't be well received by fans or average movie goers in general. However, by creating a cross-over movie, especially after how successful The Avengers was, they can introduce a new Batman which somewhat masks the jump of a change of actor compared to a reboot film. It would also allow them to gauge reaction as to whether they can then continue on straight away afterwards with a stand alone Batman film(s) using the new actor.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I'm not too sure about Zack Snyder directing this, he has an excellent eye for action but his story telling could be a lot better.

Also Snyder has always been a very CGI heavy director I don't know if that will go well with a Batman film.

Soldato
The one thing I thought when watching MoS was 'how would Batman exist in THIS' amidst the buildings falling down and the thousands dying horribly.

I'm not entirely convinced it can work, and with Snyder directing it really can be hit or miss.

Caporegime
Can't say I'm thrilled.

More batman, hell yeah!
More superman, meh

Superman > Batman

I'm thrilled at this. We have recently had the best big screen versions of these 2 since history began, and now they are going to do this. Could be superb.

Actually when it comes to Batman, the first Michael Keaton one with Jack Nicholson was ****hot. Still have a soft spot for that movie, even over TDK.

Man of Honour
Not a fan at all, I'm not into superheros/comics but liked the Batman movies as they had a bit of a grittier, less adolescent super power theme (relatively speaking :p).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Was probably a bad idea to post this in the first place :/

Oh well. You guys may not be looking forward to it. But for me, BEST GEEK NEWS EVER!! :D

Now I will go and mingle with those who are equally as excited as I am about this!

*swaggers out the room*

XPE

XPE

Soldato
If it was Nolan or if Man of Steel hadn't let itself down in certain areas I would be excited as any one else for this but I still think Snyder and co could have done a better job with Man of Steel, all the pieces were there it just needed a little more care on the story telling side of things.

Soldato
OP
If it was Nolan or if Man of Steel hadn't let itself down in certain areas I would be excited as any one else for this but I still think Snyder and co could have done a better job with Man of Steel, all the pieces were there it just needed a little more care on the story telling side of things.

That's why we have sequels! Also, Nolan is going to be executive producer!

Soldato
That's why we have sequels! Also, Nolan is going to be executive producer!

Executive Producer usually means very little, often its just a name attachment in order to help market the film/show. I wouldn't expect Nolan will have or offer much in the way of input, if at all.

If he was just a 'Producer' it would be a different story.

Back
Top Bottom