Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
I'm hoping Pattinson goes for the detective side of things, considering Batman is the 'worlds greatest detective', none of the movies have heavily had gone into that side of things. It could be argued Nolan's had elements of it but not to the degree i'd have liked.

Soldato
I'm talking about Bale's physical build versus Affleck's. Bale put a lot of muscle on for the role, but he's still got that agile, ninja origin. Affleck worked out too, but a lot of his bulk is the suit to represent the heavier, bruiser style of Batman. They way Nolan/Synder filmed their fight scenes also show that off very differently. It's two different interpretations of the character, both of which has been in the comics.

You're definitely not going to like Pattinson's Batman. He looks almost fey, he didn't bulk up at all for the role. The style looks more like a golden/silver age Batman.

I think they are going more with the detective Bats, isnt it based like off "Year One" only in teh film its year two lol?

Soldato
I think they are going more with the detective Bats, isnt it based like off "Year One" only in teh film its year two lol?

Yes, but even the Year One, Year Two Batman was a fighter. I think that because we've seen so much of "action Batman" in he movies, we've not really seen "detective Batman" much. If you don't read the comics or play the games, there's very little sense of that in the movies. I think Pattinson will go too far the other way, and there's lots of reports of trouble on the set. Pattinson seems to really not want to be there.

I think the closest version of Batman to the one in my head is the "Dying Is Easy" Batman, as that just embodies the main comics version of Batman. He's big and imposing, but also fast and clever, and always thinking ten steps ahead. He's not just going to out-punch you, he's going to out-think you, and he's just a little bit on the right side of being a villain.

I echo a lot of fans that say just give us a Batman series that shows him in his prime, being a fully realised and complete Batman.

Caporegime
How far back do you have to go in the comics when Bat's wasn't a big tall dude that looked like he could easily handle himself. I couldn't get passed how small Bale was as batman. That and the fight scenes left ot to be desired.

I didn't see any of that in Bales Batd, UFC? Where? At best he did some boxing style stances, and that fight against Bane was cringe worthy. For being the big bruiser at least Afflecks had all kinds of agility and ability to use the environment, plus Afflecks just has that natural breadth. Affleck is 6'4 I believe.

Thomas Hardy is 5ft 9'

Did anyone notice that? Probably not because they gave him 3" lifts.

Soldato
Yes, but even the Year One, Year Two Batman was a fighter. I think that because we've seen so much of "action Batman" in he movies, we've not really seen "detective Batman" much. If you don't read the comics or play the games, there's very little sense of that in the movies. I think Pattinson will go too far the other way, and there's lots of reports of trouble on the set. Pattinson seems to really not want to be there.

I think the closest version of Batman to the one in my head is the "Dying Is Easy" Batman, as that just embodies the main comics version of Batman. He's big and imposing, but also fast and clever, and always thinking ten steps ahead. He's not just going to out-punch you, he's going to out-think you, and he's just a little bit on the right side of being a villain.

I echo a lot of fans that say just give us a Batman series that shows him in his prime, being a fully realised and complete Batman.
Dying is Easy is good, and how I picture Bat's from my comics. Tank looking but can move real fast when he needs too. Still think the Warehouse scene in BvS is my standout fighting Batman from comics, not kill you himself, but shen he hits you something breaks to keep you down.

Soldato
Thomas Hardy is 5ft 9'

Did anyone notice that? Probably not because they gave him 3" lifts.
Hardy was the wrong choice for that role, he had that fat muscle look to him. Made no sense either as you never seen his face barly. Could have got a real big dude and ADR the voice in.

Soldato

The standout for Dying Is Easy for me is the Joker, the subtleties of his facial movements and ticks, his entire body language, that actor really put the time in and does embody a comic book joker more than anyone i've seen in live action to date.

Soldato
Dying is Easy is good, and how I picture Bat's from my comics. Tank looking but can move real fast when he needs too. Still think the Warehouse scene in BvS is my standout fighting Batman from comics, not kill you himself, but shen he hits you something breaks to keep you down.

Yes, that's why so many fans were exciting and looking forwards to more Affleck Batman movies that never came about (he was supposed to write, direct, and act in a solo Batman movie). He's very Dark Knight Returns, bulky, tanky, brutal. A little older, but a fully realised Batman.

The darker style that embodies the Synder films is actually perfect for Batman.

Soldato
Yes, that's why so many fans were exciting and looking forwards to more Affleck Batman movies that never came about (he was supposed to write, direct, and act in a solo Batman movie). He's very Dark Knight Returns, bulky, tanky, brutal. A little older, but a fully realised Batman.

The darker style that embodies the Synder films is actually perfect for Batman.
I belive rumours are going around that AT&T want Ben fleck Batman minni TV series.

Soldato
I belive rumours are going around that AT&T want Ben fleck Batman minni TV series.

I suspect the Batfleck window is all but closed. When you see the reshoots he had to do for Josstice League, he looked like he was done with it all.

There's also the matter of the looming war between AT&T and Warner Brothers. If Pattinson's Batman isn't a massive hit, you are going to see heads roll at WB, because AT&T don't care about all that Hollywood BS, they just want the money. By the time that gets finished, how old is Affleck going to be, and will he be interested in a TV production schedule which is notoriously long and hard hours?

Soldato
I suspect the Batfleck window is all but closed. When you see the reshoots he had to do for Josstice League, he looked like he was done with it all.

There's also the matter of the looming war between AT&T and Warner Brothers. If Pattinson's Batman isn't a massive hit, you are going to see heads roll at WB, because AT&T don't care about all that Hollywood BS, they just want the money. By the time that gets finished, how old is Affleck going to be, and will he be interested in a TV production schedule which is notoriously long and hard hours?
Think it's more like a 4 part minni series.

Back
Top Bottom