*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
Aida64? What exactly is that? Can YOU do me a favor please and tell me how to do it?? :D Would appreciate.

So it would be better if i remove the 4 Gigs so i have only 8 left? You think it goes faster ?

Aida64 is a synthetic stress test that basically runs your cpu really hard and conveniently has a litttle chart in the software that indicates throttling. Throttling usually occurs when components get to hot so slow themselves down. There are a lot of guides on this :)

In regards to ram, it won't go faster and it won't go slower but it could be more consistent or the root cause of your problem (just something worth testing.) You can find thousands of threads about this as mixed ram doesn't play nice.

Soldato
Hello OCUK Forums. Im new here and im from Germany so my English is not the best.
Because i couldnt find any help in the German forums, i´ll start asking here.
As you can see in the Thread Title, i have a pretty decent problem playing Battlefield 1 Multiplayer....

If i start a 64 Man game in Bf1 and play for a while, it starts to stutter/drop in performance. I drop from 70 to 10 FPS in worst cases!! :( I have a pretty good PC so its not the Hardware.. What else could it be?
By the way: it doesnt matter if i change settings in-game. The FPS drops are still present. I dont know what to do. Please help me.

PC Specs are:
Motherboard: ASUS M5a78L-M/USB3
PSU: 500W Thermaltake Toughpower
CPU: AMD FX 8320 @stock Clock Speed/Turbo Core and Core C6 Disabled
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 12GB DDR3 /2x2 GB Samsung RAM @ 1066 MHz and one Kingston HyperX 8GB @1866 MHz all RAMS are overlocked to 1866 MHz
Nvidia Driver Latest Version 381.98 Installed

Your weaker CPU wont be helping in certain situations but BF1 is well optimised so dont think that will be causing your most severe FPS drops.

So I think its your RAM configuration, having mixed sticks like that will mean you are running in Signle channel mode instead of dual channel and I'd need to see proof they are all runing at 1866MHz. overclocking a 1066Mhz kit to that speed would be some achievement.

Try and find another matching stick of your Kingston HyperX 8GB @1866 MHz and ditch the 2x2gb sticks.

Last edited:
Associate
Been trying to unlock the Henry Martini Sniper today but wow the infantry rifle is a pain to use. I guess it's satisfying to get kills in the sweet spot but anywhere out of that and you're reliant on teammates getting you the assist.

Soldato
Hello and welcome to the forums Malin. I'm going to ask to have this thread merged with the main bf1 thread as we like to keep all questions/answers related to a game into one thread around here.

Out of interest, what resolution/settings are you using? (This will help to determine if its a GPU or CPU bottleneck)
What else do you have running in the background normally?
What is your normal ping to the servers you play on?

Also which if any of these symbols do you see on screen?:

syvzV.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like today's server maintenance update *may* fix the instances where the hit reg completely failed. I'm sure there will still be WTF moments involving suppression or spawn protection. (Especially the combination of the two. Having an enemy spawn on his mate you just killed, with spawn protection, just when you thought it was safe to reload is bad enough, it's an order of magnitude worse when you're still suffering from suppression effects.)

Soldato
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom