*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
I take it the Burton is that lmg that from planes looks like it's firing a laser beam?

Ed: just realised i had it unlocked, its that weird looking gun with the V mag yet only one seems to reload. How do you get incendiary rounds for it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Played a few games earlier.

Watching planes get shredded to pieces in seconds is hilarious :D Had 2 pretty good pilots in a round earlier on, as soon as they started nose diving, shredder burton time and just watch as they bail from an uncontrollable plane :D Sadly no salt in chat :(

Best thing DICE have done with BF 1.

Soldato
Played a few games earlier.

Watching planes get shredded to pieces in seconds is hilarious :D Had 2 pretty good pilots in a round earlier on, as soon as they started nose diving, shredder burton time and just watch as they bail from an uncontrollable plane :D Sadly no salt in chat :(

Best thing DICE have done with BF 1.

They tried to redress the balance between ground and air when they released Albion, but needing two support players to take down a plane with 100 round concentrated firepower (Yes I realise it can be done with less, but in most scenarios) took far too long and often left the support players far too exposed to other ground threats. I've had a strong dislike for the maps with air cover whenever my team couldn't compete in the air (or were too busy farming infantry themselves from the air) and there being absolutely nothing I could realistically do when already engaged in a firefight and then getting lolstomped from the air. It didn't reward skill, and it wasn't fair to the infantry players on the ground that your two pilots would effectively lose the game for all 32 of you. I just gravitated to maps with no air as a result. I don't think the burton is unbalanced tbh, it does however make a pilot had to approach targets in a much more tactical way and then go off and repair. On the ground, the burton is good, but it's far from the best gun at any range, doesn't have a bipod which means it's mid to long range abilities are weak (but not useless), it's 20 round clip gives it a similar weakness to the automatico or even RSC (It kills quick, but your in trouble if you need to take on 3 players quickly).
It fills a balance hole for the support player that should have been filled earlier. (Like when the federov turned up for the medic).

Caporegime
Thing is, planes are **** easy to take care of already, only need 2/3 people with the AA rockets but for some reason no one uses them....

bomber on the other hand, it is just retarded and needs to nerfed.

Soldato
Thing is, planes are **** easy to take care of already, only need 2/3 people with the AA rockets but for some reason no one uses them....

bomber on the other hand, it is just retarded and needs to nerfed.

I don't know about easy, and sure it can be done, but then a tank rolls in and you've got the wrong loadout.

Caporegime
Pub playing conquest is like musical chairs, cap a flag run to next flag, flag you capped previously is being capped back. Nobody hangs around to try and guard anything. I usually dump mines around flag points and try and hang around for a bit, then you get people crying about a "tank" (artillery truck) camping. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Pub playing conquest is like musical chairs, cap a flag run to next flag, flag you capped previously is being capped back. Nobody hangs around to try and guard anything. I usually dump mines around flag points and try and hang around for a bit, then you get people crying about a "tank" (artillery truck) camping. :rolleyes:

IME it's not so much that people don't defend the flag, it's just that they don't clear the channels between them. It's the anthill mob zerg to the next flag, normally medics first (they run slightly faster) with the rear flank then getting taken down. A bunch of medics arrive at the next flag going "Where's the ammo? Nobody ever drops ammo" and "Who's going to deal with that tank?".

Caporegime
Starting to remember why i stopped playing this game months ago, just out of a sinai desert server and the usual 600 ticket difference between teams. A running theme in battlefield games over the years that will always be part and parcel of the game. :rolleyes: Following round the same situation as well with teams remaining unchanged.

Last edited:
Associate
The fact that the artillery truck's turret swivels around instantly with the mouse is unfair IMO. I know all tanks have insta-swiveling, but they don't have 360 degrees of freedom like the arty truck. I mean, as a cavalry man it's hopeless; one second the turret is pointing in one direction as the arty truck is driving merrily along, the next it's instantly swiveled and pointing directly towards you and your horse's face has been blown off. In fact, the unfairness is two fold; the driver can instantly switch seats to gun, then the turret instantly swivels. Sorry, it's OP and you should feel bad if you use it all the time like this guy: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/P4r4n0rm4l

Last edited:
Caporegime
The fact that the artillery truck's turret swivels around instantly with the mouse is unfair IMO. I know all tanks have insta-swiveling, but they don't have 360 degrees of freedom like the arty truck. I mean, as a cavalry man it's hopeless; one second the turret is pointing in one direction as the arty truck is driving merrily along, the next it's instantly swiveled and pointing directly towards you and your horse's face has been blown off. In fact, the unfairness is two fold; the driver can instantly switch seats to gun, then the turret instantly swivels. Sorry, it's OP and you should feel bad if you use it all the time like this guy: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/P4r4n0rm4l

That's one of the gimps that frequents a Sinai only server that I always seem to run into. There's him and 3 or 4 others that are huge pains in the ass as they always seem to be on the same team. Some guy called "givemee5" is equally annoying to play against as he's usually in the server with the above gimp.

Associate
That's one of the gimps that frequents a Sinai only server that I always seem to run into. There's him and 3 or 4 others that are huge pains in the ass as they always seem to be on the same team. Some guy called "givemee5" is equally annoying to play against as he's usually in the server with the above gimp.
Yep, and if someone manages to finally kill them whilst they're in their respective vehicles with a ridiculous 50-1 k/d then they switch to aircraft with one-shot cannons and go straight for infantry or cavalry that can't shoot back (I sometimes get a couple of light anti-tank grenades in on their planes, though). Basically, they're using everything that is known to be OP and only playing with those to troll everyone.

Caporegime
Yep, and if someone manages to finally kill them whilst they're in their respective vehicles with a ridiculous 50-1 k/d then they switch to aircraft with one-shot cannons and go straight for infantry or cavalry that can't shoot back (I sometimes get a couple of light anti-tank grenades in on their planes, though). Basically, they're using everything that is known to be OP and only playing with those to troll everyone.

That's just what they do, i've seen them losing 3 or 4 rounds in a row because they play to circle jerk over their kd for the most part. Gets incredibly boring seeing how people actually "enjoy" massively one sided games.

Back
Top Bottom