*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
I went off on one tonight using the assault tank, driving around and the 2 chimps in the front and rear coax guns were just firing at nothing constantly. That gets so irritating after a few minutes. Apparently waiting til enemies appear is too much to ask. :mad:

Oddly enough the barrage of f bombs did actually make them stop, which surprised me.

Soldato
Game was laggy/buggy as #### last night :confused::confused:

Had a couple of instances when I couldn't switch to pistol or medpack until I got killed, and the lag was intermittent but unplayable at times.

Hope its better this evening!

It sounds like you're getting packet loss. Given you were having problems with Discord too, the problem looks like it's at your end. Maybe your ISP having a wobble, might be worth rebooting your router anyway though.

Associate
It sounds like you're getting packet loss. Given you were having problems with Discord too, the problem looks like it's at your end. Maybe your ISP having a wobble, might be worth rebooting your router anyway though.

I thought that as have been having a few issues with my connection since switching to FTTC 6 weeks ago. Did some diagnostics after last nights session and looked pretty OK though.

Openreach are much fun to deal with :rolleyes::rolleyes: 4 engineer visits later and its getting there. Shame as I'm less than 400m from the exchange and less than 100m from the cab!

Caporegime
Yup this game has just been getting worse from day 1 for me. Never used to get FPS drops and when I did a few months ago, it was only to 40's and very rare, now I get drops to 20's. Just complete random for me and it seems to be largely down to the server as some servers such as SIC ones run fantastic. What I am finding as well is that the game seems to run a lot better in morning/during day than later at night :/ i.e. just look at the frame latency graph:

When game runs great:

OMoaPG3.png

When game runs pretty crap (not too bad this compared to other times)

VSpQLb0.png

Granted different maps and different servers but this is my experience, great one moment then **** the next time. Also, Amiens is suppose to be the most demanding on the CPU. Yes, CPU is at 100% but again, that doesn't explain why the game "CAN" run locked to practically 70 fps one moment then next time I come back on (same map but different server), FPS drops all over the place :/

I've seen quite a few people (who seem to know what they are talking about) say that it is down to all the "band aid" patches that DICE do to fix issues and essentially they all just pile up and put more stress on hardware + servers all round.

PS. Found this when going through the screenshots, we really need to go back to the u mad image :D :p

bLcVAZB.png

aWe6D1D.png

Soldato
@Nexus18 I'm pretty certain your problem is your CPU. The client side netcode doesn't require much CPU time but if you're hitting 100% on all cores, received messages from the server will get held up before they are processed, you will experience jitter and lag. The DLC maps are also known to be more CPU intensive. 4 thread CPUs do not cut it for games designed to run on the consoles with more than 4 threads.

Also the Umad logo has no class at all, at least the current one includes a glass of whine ;)

Associate
Just got the game installed the other day, didn't realise it was in EA access cos in my library i had the BF1 trial from ages ago. Performance seems pretty hit and miss, sometimes works fine sometimes lots of stuttering and black artefacting/flickering (as if gpu is unstable)

Caporegime
@Nexus18 I'm pretty certain your problem is your CPU. The client side netcode doesn't require much CPU time but if you're hitting 100% on all cores, received messages from the server will get held up before they are processed, you will experience jitter and lag. The DLC maps are also known to be more CPU intensive. 4 thread CPUs do not cut it for games designed to run on the consoles with more than 4 threads.

Also the Umad logo has no class at all, at least the current one includes a glass of whine ;)

It isn't about class, it's about sending a message and creating salty tears :D

But that is my point, why's the game run amazing certain times and worse at different times, if it was just the CPU/hardware, then it would be running like that every single time.

Also it's not so much lag, more just inconsistent frame latency/FPS.

The dlc maps seem to run the best for me :/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why is it anytime i go near a plane with a tail gunner my plane gets instashredded, but if i HAVE a tailgunner, he couldn't hit a beached whale with sand? :(

Caporegime
On the plus side i did manage to get myself banned from the sinai only server for giving that "paranormal" ******** some grief, they just got done winning a game where it was 1000 points to about 180. :rolleyes: Ironically the tool is an admin so likely has a hand in the team stacking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Need to ask a question, how does the infiltrator kit work?
On a couple of maps, it has just been incredible artillery spam. On the last map I play Suez, it was just constant overlapping artillery barrage across the map.
Is the infiltrator supposed to be able to do this?

Soldato
Need to ask a question, how does the infiltrator kit work?
On a couple of maps, it has just been incredible artillery spam. On the last map I play Suez, it was just constant overlapping artillery barrage across the map.
Is the infiltrator supposed to be able to do this?

The infiltrator has a grenade launcher primary, and sawn-off double barrel secondary. The gadgets are a Heliograph (spawn beacon) and an artillery spotting flare. The kit doesn't appear on Suez AKAIR. The train has a huge mortar though. What game mode was it?

Soldato
The infiltrator has a grenade launcher primary, and sawn-off double barrel secondary. The gadgets are a Heliograph (spawn beacon) and an artillery spotting flare. The kit doesn't appear on Suez AKAIR. The train has a huge mortar though. What game mode was it?

Conquest. Wasn't the train, the mortar barrage started pretty much from the start of the game. Wish I recorded it, you could see at least 2 artillery red circles on the map at all times. Was like playing Bomberman, you had to keep cirling around them.
Even though we were winning, me and my mate left. The constant sound of the artillery was becoming very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom