*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
I was going to give this another go on Xbox, but are the servers still populated or is it loads of Ai?
Also read it’s full of cheaters is that the case?
I never have a problem with player numbers, sometimes you get a few bits at the start if a match but usually backfills quickly.

I tend to not see many cheaters, but I think they're harder to detect compared to any other FPS.

The recoil in most weapons on console is very low, so I don't think it has many cronus players, compared to games like PUBG.

Plus it's free on gamepass!

Last edited:
Associate
I was going to give this another go on Xbox, but are the servers still populated or is it loads of Ai?
Also read it’s full of cheaters is that the case?
I've found that on PlayStation, crossplay off is fine during the evenings and you'll not worry about AI being in the lobbies. During non-peak time then you can typically find a few lobbies with bots but most of the time it's rare.

Otherwise crossplay on is fine, I've not seen many problems playing against PC players whilst being on console and the only cheaters I've come across are the full on rage hacking '300 kills in 3 minute' type and they're usually banned part way through the game.

Soldato
I've found that on PlayStation, crossplay off is fine during the evenings and you'll not worry about AI being in the lobbies. During non-peak time then you can typically find a few lobbies with bots but most of the time it's rare.

Otherwise crossplay on is fine, I've not seen many problems playing against PC players whilst being on console and the only cheaters I've come across are the full on rage hacking '300 kills in 3 minute' type and they're usually banned part way through the game.

Thanks been playing it this past week on xbox, with cross play on its fine, full servers from the games Ive played and thats during midweek mornings. Its ok in small stints but it gets old quick, I loved past Battlefileds though, think the futuristic theme here doesn't appeal to me, I prefer the world war themes from BF1 and BFV or at most a modern day theme. Too many daft gizmos in 2042 for my liking.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought and installed it last year but could never seem to find a single sole online, not one single lobby or game with anyone in it so beyond the tutorial haven't played it. Removed it last night to free up some space.

Soldato
I bought and installed it last year but could never seem to find a single sole online, not one single lobby or game with anyone in it so beyond the tutorial haven't played it. Removed it last night to free up some space.
If you have crossplay off you won't.

Never had a problem tbf.

Associate
I hear the classes have returned on this game, for example sniper class. Is this true or have I been told internet lies. Lol.
Yeah, they brought the class system back last year so it's more traditional Battlefield with Assault, Engineer, Medic, Recon, Support etc.

It's not a terrible game, I still enjoy playing it every now and again (and I have almost 500 hours in total on the game since launch) but it just has always felt a bit souless.

Soldato
I tried getting back into it after every major update since release but eventually gave up towards the end of last year. They've absolutely improved the game since launch and fixed some major issues but it still doesn't feel like the BF I remember and loved. The pace is just too much for me, and as much as that's partly a personal thing it's not an issue I ever really had to the same extent in the previous games. The maps were never very interesting either, and I dislike the entire inclusion of "characters" even with the class system reintroduced.

I'm glad they've fixed it for the players who have stuck around but they've lost me as a fan now.

Back
Top Bottom