Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just been on TFU, i don't know if anyone else was on there? I noticed a few ocuk names. It was on Gulf of Oman and the other team just spawned on top of the building with the crane! there must have been about 15 of them up there at one point. For most of the game we had all of the flags and won by a mile(this is on a 1000ticket server!!) lol

Ive played this map now about 8 times and this happens no matter which server you are on, anywhere in the world. The map is fundamentally broken because of it. They drop spawn beacons in the very centre of it as well so even blasting it with helis makes no odds.

GoO was one of my favourite maps in BF2 but because of the above its become one of the worst. We are having a chat atm about making it a kickable area on the BDS because it simply ruins the map.

Soldato
I think people get what they deserve if they are too stupid to do something about it, they deserve all the destruction the helicopter brings.

CITV station+guided shell= dead heli. Citv station+ javelin= dead heli, soflam+javelin dead heli. Hardly anyone carries the ecm jammer and one javelin will bring it down.

Associate
@LtMatt - I'd personally wait until the next client patch. They're looking at balancing again so things will shift from their current position with regards weapon balance & vehicle balance.

Like Armadillo said. SOFLAM + JAV/GUIDED = dead aircraft. Which is a right royal pain in the ass as a frequent plane/chopper user :D

Soldato
I'm thinking about changing my server to hardcore. I'm hoping this might stop decent chopper pilots dominating the non hardcore game and finishing with very high K/D ratios like 40-3.

Without being able to spot it should be easier to hide from air attack in trees and such without an arrow over your head. Then you can ambush as approapriate.

If you do change to HC I'll come for a game later on add me

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Addict/stats/171960458/

Soldato
Ive played this map now about 8 times and this happens no matter which server you are on, anywhere in the world.

If it happens all the time then something needs to be done, it was just getting silly.

btw, i was in no way trying to have a dig at TFU, it just happened to be the server i was on:)

(don't try and bring me in to your dispute Lander:p)

Caporegime
Sounds good to me Matt i'll be hoping on your server in a min

Ok mate.

@LtMatt - I'd personally wait until the next client patch. They're looking at balancing again so things will shift from their current position with regards weapon balance & vehicle balance.

Like Armadillo said. SOFLAM + JAV/GUIDED = dead aircraft. Which is a right royal pain in the ass as a frequent plane/chopper user :D

I would agree with you but i just played a game of hardcore on Gulf Of Oman and it seemed much better.

I find hardcore also helps somewhat with the terrible hit detection. :D

I think im gonna restart it now in hardcore config. Its a risky decision as its been packed all day since 8am for three days now. :p

If you do change to HC I'll come for a game later on add me

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Addict/stats/171960458/

Will do.

Soldato
btw, i was in no way trying to have a dig at TFU, it just happened to be the server i was on:)

Yeah sorry mate, I never meant to give that impression. Just saying that it happens on our server also and everywhere else. They have started to place SOFLAMs up there as well now which means nothing can move / take off from the main bases either as, as soon as you get into something you get about 3 Jav / guided shell rounds incoming.

Soldato
Smogsy, im not convinced by these new game modes on this 'ere server.

They dont make sense, and you end up with no spawn point so hopping needlessly around squads just to try and spawn, and then if you do grt a spawn point you have 18 people spawning all in 1 place with another 18 people sourrounding them and shooting them one by one as soon as they do?! i dont get it.

On a normal style round last night i was getting 20+ kills for not many deaths and 12/3 in another. Then we go into super backwards game mode and the losing team always gets utterly crushed and you get massively overkilled as soon as you think about clicking DEPLOY button. its ruining the server, its no fun.

reply to all,

ive fixed the Rotation Now so all maps are running 5 Flag points or more. & have 1 map running 7 points to test on 36 players but i think it will be to big.I also fixed the not switching team bug so now should be more fair on the team front.
Also Saturday Normal maps will resume with B2K:D

If you do have any problems with the server or Players, Just hit me up on Steam/Battlelog or Trust i will reply as soon as i can.
STEAM: Smogsy Battlelog: Smogsy

Caporegime
Ive played this map now about 8 times and this happens no matter which server you are on, anywhere in the world. The map is fundamentally broken because of it. They drop spawn beacons in the very centre of it as well so even blasting it with helis makes no odds.

GoO was one of my favourite maps in BF2 but because of the above its become one of the worst. We are having a chat atm about making it a kickable area on the BDS because it simply ruins the map.

Thats a terrible idea IMO.

Just deal with it and go off and do something else. Every time this has happened for me the people up there have ended up in some sniper war once they draw attention to themselves and end up being far too busy with other snipers to actually participate in the game.

Alternatively, just go and get a chopper up there and blast the **** out of them.

Associate
What i find amazing that if you are on a team with a few snipers and they arent helping to take caps, you would think, oh well, at least they will soflam the vehicles that are owning because they arent in the heat of the battle.
But no, choppers and tanks roaming around while mr sniper camps in some remote spot waiting for somebody to run across his line of sight.
No issue if they are only one or two on your team doing this but having 5 or 6 do it, they can pick off as many targets as they like, the other side has all but one flag, your team will lose. And of course most snipers couldnt care less about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom