Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Have you changed your server to HC mode Matt?

EDIT: So it is. Finally, an OCUK affiliated server that's HC. Wont get a chance to play tonight but have added it to favourites :)

Yep and so glad i made the change. Played all four maps and there was no one with huge k/d ratios, three assault rifle bullets in the stomach and troops were going down instead of the 8 required before. Loving it. Also no over powered chopper use that i saw. Really i cant think of anything bad about hardcore atm.

Yes he has. Its much better :)

Agreed.

Art

Art

Associate
What is the point in hover mode??

Apart from being gimmicky? It's semi helpful for hovering at high altitudes to spot stuff but that's about it. Like you said you're incredibly vulnerably when you're hovering (the only time I've taken a jet down with the RPG was against a hovering F35, it's that vulnerable), and helping to spot stuff really doesn't justify it.

Thinking about it I reckon it's a speed issue: dogfighting really relies on the airbrake. In a normal jet this only slows you down so far, but in the F35 it quickly brings you to a total stop. After that it takes far too long to accelerate again, so you're vulnerable and can't come out of a turn with anywhere near the speed you need. Those things are critical for dogfighting and it makes the F35 a really bad choice.

Caporegime
Here here!!!

Finally managed to get my game of B2k (had ridiculously busy week)

Love it, there were times when I thought i was playing BF2 again :D, Gornall de byatch kept killing me with the SV98 12x scope... decided to have ago... WOW epic, roll on Sat night when i can have a few hours playing! Just gutted DICE haven't got a decent server side update, playing a 50 man limit to limit crashes is kind of a bummer when your paying for 64!! :(
Had a blast on it just now, awesome fun as recon with the soflam. Mind you though, i have to use the svd/mk11, as i cant hit a barn door with the sv98.:D

Caporegime
Na its always been there, tbh i've only played on TDM and metro rush since launch, dont like any of the conquest maps so haven't had much chance to use any of sniper guns myself... until 2nite, decided to have a blast using it on Karkand, while the server was filling up... Most fun i've had for a while :D

Also the IRVN scope works like vanilla on maps like Karkand <--- for the record i forgot to take it off an old gun... HONEST :o

Ah right

I noticed that with the B2K maintenance all the "DICE only" unlocks have disappeared from battlelog. Like the 12 x scope for all the assault rilfes etc.. and the silencers for shotguns.

With all the new B2K guns having 12 x scopes by default, i wondered if they had only just unlocked it or something.

Caporegime
presumably its not showing on your account, hence the problem.

So they need your code to verify that your account is indeed wrong, and they need to manually alter your account to show you have it.

Associate
are these ok for a 6950? 99% usage?

statsie.png
the last one is 850MHZ

settingspo.png

Soldato
I rarely get wound up with online fps, I'm well versed in competitive skrims etc but bloody Hell, Wake Island makes me RAGE. It's the BIGGEST pile of complete **** that has ever been made, remade, remade again and then remade for BF3. It makes me want to break my face on the desk.

Please don't tell me I'm mistaken, that will only anger me even more. My god its ****, I want it off our server. Waaaaaa.

Associate
I rarely get wound up with online fps, I'm well versed in competitive skrims etc but bloody Hell, Wake Island makes me RAGE. It's the BIGGEST pile of complete **** that has ever been made, remade, remade again and then remade for BF3. It makes me want to break my face on the desk.

Please don't tell me I'm mistaken, that will only anger me even more. My god its ****, I want it off our server. Waaaaaa.

Id have to agree, Not a big fan of Wake Island :x

Caporegime
Up until yesterday i was using the settings below.

graphics quality = custom
texture quality = ultra
shadow quality = ultra
effects quality = ultra
mesh quality = ultra
terrain quality = ultra
terrain decoration = ultra
antiliasing deferred = off
antiliasing post = high
motion blur = off
motion blur amount = 50
anisotropic filter = 16
ambient occlusion = off

I tried it with all of the ultra settings above on low, very nice boost in fps, and still looks pretty good. Doesnt make people that much easier to see though.

Soldato

I slightly agree that it can be awful when it is a one sided match but it's still epic when the teams are really working together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom