Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can BF3 be used on another PC in the house providing its been totally removed from the original pc? I've just spent about 4 hours trying to get this "thing" to run on me pc, it was previously installed, I played the SP game, found it alright but it really wasn't for me. But now it just couldn't get it to load/ run, it insisted I installed all these updates for origin, which I did (in fact it needed a few updates which were all dutifully installed) and the still game refuses to launch. I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't launch, so I'm now fed up to the back teeth of all this, I've got other things to worry about anyway, so I've given up and removed everything to do with BF3 from me pc.
So, my original question still remains, can I give it to me son to play on his pc which is upstairs but on the same internet connection as the main pc that BF3 was on?

Associate
Can BF3 be used on another PC in the house providing its been totally removed from the original pc? I've just spent about 4 hours trying to get this "thing" to run on me pc, it was previously installed, I played the SP game, found it alright but it really wasn't for me. But now it just couldn't get it to load/ run, it insisted I installed all these updates for origin, which I did (in fact it needed a few updates which were all dutifully installed) and the still game refuses to launch. I uninstalled it, re-installed it, and it still won't launch, so I'm now fed up to the back teeth of all this, I've got other things to worry about anyway, so I've given up and removed everything to do with BF3 from me pc.
So, my original question still remains, can I give it to me son to play on his pc which is upstairs but on the same internet connection as the main pc that BF3 was on?

You will need to log into it using the same Origin account you used downstairs. The problem your having with launching it... Is that getting the icon in Origin to open Battlelog or from clicking on a server or single player within Battlelog?

Soldato
You will need to log into it using the same Origin account you used downstairs. The problem your having with launching it... Is that getting the icon in Origin to open Battlelog or from clicking on a server or single player within Battlelog?

It just sits there saying "launching the game" then that disappears and nothing happens ad infinitum. I've given up with this game, me son can have a go. I'm a bit weary with gaming lately due to all the security, accounts, passwords, anti piracy software, patches, updates, instals, etc, its grinding me down slowly and I don't have the time or, more to the point, inclination to go through all this everytime I want to just play a game.
The SP storyline isn't that rivetting anyway imo, like most B movie storylines, same old guff if you ask me.

Last edited:
Associate

I have it installed on two machines at the same time, origin is just like steam, install it as often as you like, but you can only log in one at a time.

Soldato
its to laser mark jets/helis , tanks etc so engies can lock on or tanks with their guided shells.

plant it on a hill side etc and it will watch the land within its eyeline for enemy targets, you can work it (seems to work better this way when i've tried it) and spot/mark enemy targets.

Ta mate, sounds like it could be very handy!

Associate
You guys may want to try the new rviatuner statistics server beta out, you can set an FPS limit. I did so at 60 FPS and BF3 is not all that hard on the GPU when it's not doing full FPS all the time, my 480 use to hit 84c with 80% fan speed, now it does not break 70c and the game is smooth as butter, may solve a lot of problems with the game crashing as well with it being less stressful on the hardware.

Don't compare this with the in game FPS limiter, that does not work right at all causing in game stuttering and FPS drop, this method only uses more GPU power when required and it works brilliantly.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4192523&postcount=78

How do you set this up for Battlefield 3?

Permabanned
64 player size maps with less than 64 slots on the server is a bf2 thing. I prefer the size and 32 to 40 players. Longer rounds and a bit less going on without being a ghost town.

I agree expcet on karkand 8 flag map.

I liek to play conquest large with 5 flag maps with 32 players...

However karkand with 8 flags is too big so either a 5 flag version with 32 players or 64 man 8 flag version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom