Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Nothing in the game comes close to the FAMAS up close (bar the AN-94 in burst mode on HC). After 40m though the accuracy is pretty horrific.

Soldato
if its the recon one, fine a nice high place to put it, then run away and hide safely, then use it to designate targets, use "E" to access it once its been placed.

it's supposed to pickup things in its line of vision but mine never seems to :(.

Cheers :) will give it a go tonight . Once i designate something does something come along and kill it or is it just to help vehicles with guided weapons to pick a target.

Soldato
Tried the IRNV for the first time last night and found it to be pretty rubbish (which is a good thing).

Also just noticed that I had a youtube window open when I have been playing a lot recently, it has been hogging about 25 of my frames in game and I didn't even realise! Now it is smooth as butter :)

Also, can someone explain what the SOFLAM does and when to use it? I just unlocked it, cheers.

Soldato
Also, can someone explain what the SOFLAM does and when to use it? I just unlocked it, cheers.

its to laser mark jets/helis , tanks etc so engies can lock on or tanks with their guided shells.

plant it on a hill side etc and it will watch the land within its eyeline for enemy targets, you can work it (seems to work better this way when i've tried it) and spot/mark enemy targets.

Caporegime
I've just ordered another 6950 for crossfire goodness.

I can run ultra @ 1080p with aa/motion blur off and get good fps, however there are times when i can feel it stutter when it drops into the low 40's.

The second 6950 which will also be unlocked and overclocked (6970 speeds minimum) should allow me to max out of the aa and never dip below 60. Thats what im hoping.

Associate

I can run ultra @ 1080p with aa/motion blur off and get good fps, however there are times when i can feel it stutter when it drops into the low 40's.

The second 6950 which will also be unlocked and overclocked (6970 speeds minimum) should allow me to max out of the aa and never dip below 60. Thats what im hoping.

i heard about micro stutter on crossfire cards, i dont think i could handle that, it ll drive me mad!! my game would have to be locked @60fps and run like butter or theres no point, thats what im hoping i ll get, when the 7970 is out!

Soldato

Whats the rotation like on your server at the moment, put in any of the old ones?

Soldato
Dammit we need a sticky in this forum for how to use the SOFLAM, about half of each of the last 5 pages has been about how to use it!! There is a "search this thread" function people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom