Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Likewise! And dying when you run behind cover :mad:

Crysis 2 and crysis 3 hit reg is much better than the BF games in my experience, supposedly FC 3 hit reg is spot on too.

Soldato
I die around corners all the time. So long as its consistent its not quite so bad as you know when you've run too late and obviously dont play on servers miles away. If its giving certain players too much advantage that is when it sucks, its no longer about skill
If my ping sucks as it often does, I use indirect fire. Shotgun 6x scope and frag rounds, out snipe the sniper as it arcs so much you dont have to leave cover even (if lucky), 1 last vestige of brain in this game for me hence bf3 does not suck just yet

Return of the classic Capture The Flag game mode

When was that in BF?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't have hit reg problems either! Get a few dusts with TV missle and tank shells on jets helis every so often but it ain't game breaking!

Even vs Reddit on Sunday I had decent hit reg when we changed to there US server!

Caporegime
Yep, played on a few us tdm servers. Seem to do a bit better on theese than i do on uk/european ones. On uk servers, i would hazard a guess that my isp and their capping policy is my single biggest issue connection wise. Bt adsl here is absolutely dreadful.

Caporegime
I really don't get how some of you can say that the hit reg. is spot on :confused:

I have played on multiple PC's (with different connection lines, BT, virgin) and they all feel the same and pretty much every single person I know who plays BF 3 says the same. Even watching some youtube gamers gameplay of FC 3, they say that the hit reg. is in a different league to BF 3.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't "terrible" to the point that the game is unplayable but it is damn annoying especially when you know that it could be better. The rubber banding for no reason is much worse! For no reason (good ping, everyone else has a good ping etc.) it just happens :confused: This is on UK, German servers.

And that is extremely annoying too westie, when I shoot helis/jets with a tank shell and you just see the black dust/smoke but no explosion or kills :mad: Happens to me like 6 out of 10 times. Reminds me of sniping in BC 2, 6 out of 10 times you get a headshot (hear the ping and see the blood) yet some how the guy keeps running :o

Caporegime
I have only played the beta of the first MOH and it was indeed very good!

The funny thing is, for me the hit reg was excellent in the alpha of BF 3 :p The beta wasn't as good but much better than what it is currently.

Caporegime
Did bfbc2 not start out using client side? But then later switch to server side. I played it every day for about 9 months, first few months it was pretty bad. But then it dramatically improved. Played a quick blast at the weekend and it was spot on. Getting some crazy long range kills with a few shots from an M16A2 on arica harbour map.

Caporegime
Not sure about that, can't really remember what the game was like for me for the first few months regarding hit reg., don't think I had many problems with it though, certainly not as much as BF 3.

Although the knife was terrible! Could have no problems whatsoever for a good 5 rounds and then there would be times when it would just become the famous "rubber knife" :p

The sniping was terrible though as mentioned above. And the hit reg was beyond bad for the shotguns and especially the VSS, although I still raped with the VSS :p (such an awesome gun when it worked)

On the whole I found the hit reg. to be better than BF 3 though.

Hmm, might actually reinstall BC 2, although there are probably no popular good servers left now :( Last time I played it (about 3-4 months ago) there was only a couple of good HC servers that were mostly full. Shame as I found it to be a hundred times more fun, every thing about it; the weapons, especially the pistols to be better, map design, destruction, not too vehicle orientated, AT4, the classes (recon with c4!) etc. etc.

Soldato
Getting back into PC gaming, will be building this very soon (Don't worry about missing DVD and HDD, already got those.)

How can I expect this build to play BF3?

FRayWfr.png

Caporegime
The game runs very smoothly for me on high/ultra with my MSI 7850 2GB OC, i5 750 (stock) and 8GB RAM. Can't remember exact FPS but iirc it doesn't dip below 50 @1080p

I don't use MSAA as it kills performance on AMD cards so I use sweetfx which gives AA at a much better performance level and looks just as good as having 4xMSAA, also tweaks the colours so you aren't playing with a dull and depressing blue filter.

As setter said, the game looks better with most stuff set to high instead of ultra as there is too much crap floating around and for multi player it is harder to spot people then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom