Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
That is what I meant by 'polish'. ;)

Just better graphics but essentially the same, but bigger and better.

BC2 but with BF2 size maps etc and a few elements of MoH.

I've updated the post since then :D

It's a sequel to BF2 not BC2!

Yes only BF2 didn't have destruction 2.0 and BF3 will.... so if you think BF3 wont have any BC2 code think you might be wrong.

Soldato
The demo they were showing off at GDC11 was running on an 5850 and an Core i7-2600, the 480 should run BF3 no problem.

Yes only BF2 didn't have destruction 2.0 and BF3 will.... so if you think BF3 wont have any BC2 code think you might be wrong.

Yeah entirely new engine FB 2.0 that was built from the ground up for the PC, no BC2 1.5 code in there which was built primailry for the consoles.

Associate
The head at Dice has already stated that BF3 will be the true sequel to BF2, so I would expect BF3 to have a lot in common with BF2 than any other title.
He never really had a choice. Gamers have been wetting their pants for years about the possibility of BF3, if he said it was anything but a true sequel to BF2 the backlash would have been immense.

Let's be realistic, I'm sure the game will be much closer to classic PC Battlefield games, but it's probably going to be an amalgamation of everything they have worked on in the past few years. I think it would be wise to expect some elements of Bad Company to return, I can't see gun mechanics being all that different. I'd be happy if they just had a little more kick.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Only just got around to watching the video. One word... Juicy :p

Latest BF was good, but felt same as all the others. This seems a bit different and I think if it turns out as good as I think it might, then it could be one of my limited number of release date purchases :)

Caporegime
Quite a bit over the months it seems :p

lol, I rarely watch reviews/previews/video's of games as they have a habit of spoiling games badly. But I had a look at the video and my word it really does look impressive.

Some of the things that give it an almost real look being the animation, just a little movement of the shoulders back and forth walking or running, such a small increase in movement but add's massively, almost ridiculously to the realism. The movement really did feel brilliant, and the lighting, its amazing how lighting can make even a fairly plain texture look so much more realistic.

The engine looks incredibly impressive from that video, praying the final version isn't toned way down and it turns out the video was somehow faked, if its not, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom