Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Dunno if this was posted here yet, but I'll post it again anyway if not:

Cat is out of the bag I guess... IGN confirmed it, yes, fire selector is in #BF3. Yes on all platforms.

1 good bit of news, finally. The choice between full auto, 3 shot burst and single shot.

Associate
Looks the business! :D

But I do have a few niggling feelings about this that could lead to fail:

-Looks like there is health regen...
-Ammo pool rather then magazines...

But it is pre-alpha so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now.

Caporegime
Man you guys are filled with so much negativity! I'm really looking forward to this and I enjoyed the campaign mode of BFBC2 very much. Yes MP will be the part of the game that provides the longevity, but I'm glad this has a SP part.

I just hope my rig can run it as I'm hoping not to upgrade until next year!

Soldato
Looks awesome to me. I think the sound is probably one of the most important things to me and BF2/BC/BC2 all had great sound. This seems to be going down the same route.

Looking forward to some MP footage. So long as it isn't MOH and has 64 players then I don't care :D

Associate
Apparently confirmed by DICE, pulling/dragging friendlies out of danger wont be available in multiplayer.

Does that mean shock paddles?

bummer :(

had that feat in rtcw/et online dragging bodys :D

kind of only work on lives server etc.. u had x amout of lives
else on norm servers they just tapped out :mad:

Permabanned
I like the health set up in BC2 hardcore - doesn't regen if I remember right.

Hopefully they add a hardcore mode to BF3 or make that standard. I hate regenerating health.

I reckon they might make it standard in order to make medics more useful.

Soldato
I like the health set up in BC2 hardcore - doesn't regen if I remember right.

No it doesn't, but it's also easier to kill people on hardcore due to the damage increase which reduces the skill element. If health didn't regenerate on normal mode, then there really wouldn't be any need for various modes, and i reckon BF:3 will be similar to normal mode, but with no health regeneration.

Soldato
No it doesn't, but it's also easier to kill people on hardcore due to the damage increase which reduces the skill element. If health didn't regenerate on normal mode, then there really wouldn't be any need for various modes, and i reckon BF:3 will be similar to normal mode, but with no health regeneration.

If Dice do their job properly BF3 with have little in common with BC2 as possible but more BF2 influenced the game it's a direct sequel to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom