Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

After watching Frankies latest video about Ultra I tried it and game is sloppy. Seems I can only run BF4 at 150% resolution with everything on Low. I don't know how he manages to get Ultra running so great considering we have the same spec and my overclock is higher!

Oh wow! Just had a great round on Siege of Shanghai using the MP7... absolutely amazing little pdw! Felt unstoppable and was winning encounters even 2-3 vs me! Great for flanking and taking people unawares... cant wait to unlock the suppressor and be a ghostly face melter!

Was on CQ247 with Will Gill and Wanderer, jesus wept, it was worse than Metro on a good day. C flag choke point, I just spammed the M320 LVG, great fun. Hectic round.

Still managed 2 round with a + KD which is a wonder. Managed to rank up twice, bonus.

Nice to see some OCUK tags cutting about. Let the clan tag grow.

Josh

yer so its possible though? ( ive seen people saying that game isnt that bad unless you trying for perfect ultra settings, which ofc im not, just playable fun setting:) )

26gb inst too bad, makes a change from the 50gb files ive seen flying around lol.

If you limit yourself to 32 player max server you "may" be able to play at smooth settings but your CPU is the massively limiting factor :/

Was on CQ247 with Will Gill and Wanderer, jesus wept, it was worse than Metro on a good day. C flag choke point, I just spammed the M320 LVG, great fun. Hectic round.

Still managed 2 round with a + KD which is a wonder. Managed to rank up twice, bonus.

Nice to see some OCUK tags cutting about. Let the clan tag grow.

Josh

I lost my head rather bad on that, just kept getting killed by grenades, did my swede. You got me most of my points due to you keep needing ammo!

yer so its possible though? ( ive seen people saying that game isnt that bad unless you trying for perfect ultra settings, which ofc im not, just playable fun setting:) )

26gb inst too bad, makes a change from the 50gb files ive seen flying around lol.

Looking at the spec in your sig I would be very surprised if the game will run well at all. The GFX is fine as installed a 7850 2GB into a mates computer last week and he's running BF4 at 1080p mixture of med/high, SSAO and FXAA avg 70-80 fps but thats with a 3570k/8GB.

I think you will find the game will run the same FPS whether you have it on all low or med and maybe high due to the CPU bottlenecking so much. Add to that the fact BF4 is the only game (apart from modded Skyrim) i've played that pushes 8GB enough for me to think i'd like to add another 8 for some breathing room.

Only you can say whether its playable for you but I would expect your FPS to drop below 30 quite frequently if you want to play multiplayer bigger than 24 players.

I've found disabling Hyper Threading has solved my stuttering problems. Finally, some progress!

I have stuttering problems too but my fps almost never drops below 70.. I might give this a try.

I found the game runs far worse with HT off than on as it seems you go from 8 cores at 60-70% utilisation to 4 cores pegged at 95+%, all my stutter issues are completely solved by disabling core parking in the OS.

RE: Ultra settings above was suprised to find that one of my 470s can handle (so to speak) ultra at 1920x1080 ~40fps without much going on and drops to 20fps in 64 player action with VRAM pegged at 1270MB (so I'm guessing its swapping data in and out) but it was relatively smooth, no noticeable impact from being maxed out VRAM wise. Might end up putting the 470 SLI back together and selectively using settings to get ok performance on them and hang on until Maxwell rather than grab a 780 or 2.

I lost my head rather bad on that, just kept getting killed by grenades, did my swede. You got me most of my points due to you keep needing ammo!

The rate I was spamming them I'm not suprised. Think I was getting hit markers on every grenade!

Yeah I saw you going on suicide runs trying a solo breakout. Brave man - never done a 64 man on locker before, made my head swim with all the booms.

Josh

I found the game runs far worse with HT off than on as it seems you go from 8 cores at 60-70% utilisation to 4 cores pegged at 95+%, all my stutter issues are completely solved by disabling core parking in the OS.

RE: Ultra settings above was suprised to find that one of my 470s can handle (so to speak) ultra at 1920x1080 ~40fps without much going on and drops to 20fps in 64 player action with VRAM pegged at 1270MB (so I'm guessing its swapping data in and out) but it was relatively smooth, no noticeable impact from being maxed out VRAM wise. Might end up putting the 470 SLI back together and selectively using settings to get ok performance on them and hang on until Maxwell rather than grab a 780 or 2.
Ht off turns the game into an unplayable stuttering mess for me. Loosing msaa will help with vram usage a bit, at x4 my 670's max at 1973mb, dropping to x2 lowers this to 1700mb ono.

Is there an easy way to find a server that has a particular game mode and map running 24/7?

I'm quite smitten with Domination on Operation Locker and Dawnbreaker at the moment, and it would be handy to favourite servers that are always running those maps :)

The rate I was spamming them I'm not suprised. Think I was getting hit markers on every grenade!

Yeah I saw you going on suicide runs trying a solo breakout. Brave man - never done a 64 man on locker before, made my head swim with all the booms.

Josh

I did notice you had a + K/D, very good considering all the killing going on!

I had to try and at least take out 1 person to sort my ratio out, but alas, it didn't work.

That one area, just past E I think it was, proper little room of death there.

I hope the new patch fixes the "battlefield 4 has stopped working" crash to desktops once and for all.

It happens very rarely now since the last update and isn't enough to spoil the game (can go hours/days without a crash) but it would be nice not to have that crash issue potentially looming over your head.

Back
Top Bottom