Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
I will admit that up until performing this test I was firmly in the “quad core or less for gaming” camp. Frostbite 2 has proven me wrong…very wrong. The 3930K at 4.4GHz delivers in the highest minimum, maximum, and average frame rates of my tests by a good margin. HT is once again a performance deterrent.

with sli 680 gtx .

Caporegime
Well, i just disabled ht on my 3770k just now. Fired up bf3 and hopped into a round. Cpu use was hitting 85-92% usage. Cards didnt go much over 80%, (95% on the respawn screen). It felt and ran pretty much the same as when i had a 3570k at 4.5ghz. With ht enabled on the i7, cpu usage hits about 65% max. Gpu's at 90+. Was a bit of a pointless experience/test tbh, cause it just basically confirms what ive seen before. If you have multiple gpu's and you want a smooth experience in bf3, youll need an i7. For a single card gamer, any recent i5 cpu is grand as i can attest too, having owned an i5 with a pretty highly clocked gtx 670.

Last edited:
Associate
Caporegime
thats good, cos who really wanted the thankless task of preventing baserape of vehicles by enemy jets and choppers

Its rare to see anyone even in one, you see the odd person doing it but for the most part they're empty. Plus there's an argument to be made for having everyone out trying to cap\defend objectives instead of having one person twiddling his thumbs watching for aircraft that might never come. As long as they're not Robocop accurate I don't see it being an issue really, assuming its even still in the game. Players can still use them if they want which is the good part, only automated when it needs to be.

Caporegime
I do it sometimes :)o) but only when the enemy team are base raping.

And when I do sit their shooting them all down as they approach to base rape, you get the usual comments "AA noob" :rolleyes:

So that is most welcome! I like what someone suggested, it gets more accurate as the enemy gets closer and the longer they are in the "base area"

Should make those pathetic players think twice then :)

Caporegime
I do it sometimes :)o) but only when the enemy team are base raping.

And when I do sit their shooting them all down as they approach to base rape, you get the usual comments "AA noob" :rolleyes:

So that is most welcome! I like what someone suggested, it gets more accurate as the enemy gets closer and the longer they are in the "base area"

Should make those pathetic players think twice then :)

Earlier I was playing bf3 and shot down the same guy twice with the Tunguska missiles, his retort was "omfg noob you're not playing the game properly using stingers". And here's me with this mad notion that heat seekers on an AA vehicle were for taking down aircraft. I really don't get the mentality that's in BF3 now, just seems that people rage if you kill them at all. But apparently it was fine and dandy for them to use tv missiles to take out our havoc every time it spawned. :confused:

Caporegime
Haha yeah a lot of the bf3 players are pathetic and people go on about cod being full of whiny kids.....

I would hide the chat log but sometimes it is useful for some form of teamwork so unfortunately it has to stay on.

In fact that is what bf 4 needs, control screen where you can 'mute' certain players!

Associate
+1 to this also. I want moar POWER

You might need to up grade your laptop if thats the case. How well does a 675m play BF3?

Did Console's really dumb down PC gaming Graphics? They were running DX9 previously and PC is running DX11.

Surely moving to DX12 will push graphics further than having a console reaching parity with a DX gen now 21/2-3 years old.

Last edited:
Associate
You might need to up grade your laptop if thats the case. How well does a 675m play BF3?

Did Console's really dumb down PC gaming Graphics? They were running DX9 previously and PC is running DX11.

Surely moving to DX12 will push graphics further than having a console reaching parity with a DX gen now 21/2-3 years old.

games makers only want to make the game once. so they make the game that works on consoles, the do a quick upgrade of the graphics for the pc (ie, high res textures, that's about it)
they also tend to dumb down the interface so it will work with a controller with limited buttons. that's why some games appear to be simpler than earlier incarnations of the game. cos the original was made for pc, the later sequals were designed for consoles, so they had to simplify them.

i expect games to continue to be dumbed down as before, but hopefully they will be made with fully up to date graphics

Associate
By that logic pc owners should benefit from the new generation of consoles as at last games can move on from dx9

If Zuma is correct, it means that console game complexity will increase by utilising extra hardware resouce and dx11 which in turn means less work to port to pc games.

I wish pc games were important enough so that games were specially coded and optimised for the superior hardware of modern computing.

Is the jaguar cpu really gonna be enough to give a superlative performance!!!

Associate
BF4 May Require more than 2Gb Gddr5 at 1080p

It looks like more than 2Gb is gonna be required to play BF4 in ultra on a single monitor according to this!!!! Wow
Taken from the Battlefield 4 Alpha.

Dis0qWH.jpg

Couple of things to note. The game has a lot more to come in the way of optimization, so those vram usage requirements might come down. I also doubt there is much caching going on here as i find caching only occurs once a new level is loading, at least for me on 3gb at 1440p. However you have to remember that the alpha has a lot of textures missing so you could counter the optimization angle by saying those requirements will go up once the levels have full textures available rather than blank textures like in the picture below.

9xSn6z6.jpg

If that above chart is true, then it might well be brown pants time for our 2gb friends and they will have to start sacrificing image quality details. AMD will be hoping this is the case i bet.

7uGxPaF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom