Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

commander.jpg

:D

So true, commander mode won't change what you see in BF:3, you'll still get like a handful working together whilst the rest are nomads.

Unless they've added some hefty XP incentives to following a commanders orders there wouldn't be any reason to place trust in some random dribbling on his iPad over your own instincts.

It only works when back up with rewards.

Unless they've added some hefty XP incentives to following a commanders orders there wouldn't be any reason to place trust in some random dribbling on his iPad over your own instincts.

See, what scares me about Commander right now is that we might get a whole bunch of Apple fanboys on the case....and who is going to listen to them eh? ;)

So true, commander mode won't change what you see in BF:3, you'll still get like a handful working together whilst the rest are nomads.

Agree. They have to somehow make it more appealing for peopleto work together than camp.

for example, you could have a game mode, where the final standings doesnt show any k/d ratio at all. But you get points for doing thigs related to your squad / team or objectives.

The campers with 45 kils and 2 deaths will have 0 points, but I who has been runnign around capping flags reviing comrades etc... will have 4500 points.

Surely after a while the shame will be too much for the campers... :confused:

There should be a 50% reduction in points and hit detection for people that remain static.....These players dont add to the overall game enjoyment or battle atmosphere. In many ways you could argue they are not strategically or tactically involved like other soldiers who pull together to revive, replenish or repair and cap flags etc. (You could probably disregard camping at strategic choke points as a tactic as your efffectively holding back an advancing attack).

My biggest problem is dickheads roof glitching in Talah which is the best map imo. They can convert a 100 ticket lead to a loss this makes me rage!!! :mad:

My biggest problem is dickheads roof glitching in Talah which is the best map imo. They can convert a 100 ticket lead to a loss this makes me rage!!! :mad:

Shouldn't be so much of an issue in BF4... in the alpha the roof tops were covered in most of the players on the server; but that was with no commander mode - between a gunship and tomahawk missiles recons aren't going to be lasting very long up there.

I read an interesting article saying BF3 only utilises 30% of the Frostbite 2 engine capabilites and that BF4 will use far more in FB3. Makes me think that my guesstimate of +20% extra gpu grunt is a total fantasy. If we only use 30% is a true reflection on current code/engine demands then we are likely to need 2x7970's or 2x680's to play at 1080p+ in ultra on a single monitor!!!!

I read an interesting article saying BF3 only utilises 30% of the Frostbite 2 engine capabilites and that BF4 will use far more in FB3. Makes me think that my guesstimate of +20% extra gpu grunt is a total fantasy. If we only use 30% is a true reflection on current code/engine demands then we are likely to need 2x7970's or 2x680's to play at 1080p+ in ultra on a single monitor!!!!

I think those numbers were probably made up

Wish they could up the graphics for multiplayer somehow, you look at the sp footage and then the mp footage it almost looks like 2 different games with the multi obviously looking more basic.

Then again I'm running 3 screens and don't intend on upgrading for bf4 so maybe the multi looking how it does is a good thing. :p

Lol! Links pls....

Wish they could up the graphics for multiplayer somehow, you look at the sp footage and then the mp footage it almost looks like 2 different games with the multi obviously looking more basic.

Then again I'm running 3 screens and don't intend on upgrading for bf4 so maybe the multi looking how it does is a good thing. :p

was gunna say not sure about BF4 but in BF3, the SP and MP used different engines didn't they xD was frostbite of the MP and then the Unreal engine for SP or something :p

too true.... remembering back in BF2 to put and order on the flag the commander had to give the order and the squad leader would suggest orders and squad members request orders... i think...

commander mode wasn't in the alpha (or i didn't rank up enough... lol who knows) but squad leaders were able to set their own orders (like bf3)... so hoping it will be a mixture of both so if the commander is a tard you can set your own orders.... but then if the commander sets and order and the squad leader accepts and moves onto it then you get extra bonus points for following squad/commander orders.... like its 20-50xp for defend/attack kill atm or what ever, so stack that up to 50-75 for commander orders and it would be lush.... mmmm tasty tasty points

was gunna say not sure about BF4 but in BF3, the SP and MP used different engines didn't they xD was frostbite of the MP and then the Unreal engine for SP or something :p

Its the same engine for mp and sp, just mp has reduced graphics. MOH 2010 had different engines for sp and multi, frostbite 2 for mp and ue3 for sp. :)

Agree. They have to somehow make it more appealing for peopleto work together than camp.

for example, you could have a game mode, where the final standings doesnt show any k/d ratio at all. But you get points for doing thigs related to your squad / team or objectives.

The campers with 45 kils and 2 deaths will have 0 points, but I who has been runnign around capping flags reviing comrades etc... will have 4500 points.

Surely after a while the shame will be too much for the campers... :confused:

Agree with this concept. TF2 gave points for encouraging teamwork behaviour, so gaining xp for squad related tasks would be most welcome.

They already do but it's pitiful. Rez someone as assault? 100 points. Res a squadmate? 110 points. Repair a squad mates vehicle you get ten extra points per repair point I think it is. They should be giving more points for squad actions. Capping a flag with all of your squad in the area? 50% faster cap, ten percent for each additional squad member. Pretty soon all the lone snipers will be exactly that, along, squad less.

Back
Top Bottom