• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Associate
Hmm didn't know that. That seems daft - I would have thought the 2080 Ti and even the 2080 would have supported the lot to give people more options, whether or not NV thought those cards already gave good enough performance at some resolutions.
Yeah I think that's the reason- exodus looks bit better for 2080 ti.

Soldato
Thanks for that reddit post by the way. Looks like dlss will continually improve too, blowing a hole in all the negatively again, ha. But let's see.
"DLSS is a continuously improving feature as NVIDIA will continue to train the network and deploy new software updates".

Last edited:
Soldato
Kept to settings I was using previously, with DLSS I'm getting between 17 and 30% improvements across the 3 MP games I've played. I'm not noticing any change to image quality most of the time although did on Hamada which was the last map I played. Mostly it was fine just occasionally noticed a little blurriness around the rocks. Hamada isn't very RT intensive anyway but was over 100 FPS @ 1440P, often over 115 using 2080 and ultra everything, but medium RT. I'll probably switch to Ultra RT now moving forward.
Flicker I saw earlier mostly gone with the latest drivers although did see it once on the Devestration map.
Haven't tried DLSS without RT but reading the release notes I don't think this is possible.
FIne I think. If it continually improves as NV are suggesting that'll be great.

Last edited:
Associate
looking between the difference @ 4k using DLSS compared to native rendering , yeah theres a fair bit of IQ loss. less so in the foreground and close up objects but seems a lot of loss in the distance, flat mountain textures , softer blured edges , texture quality loss seems to be on the harsher side... so wanted this to be good but from everything im looking at i cant let go of how bad it actually looks when analyzing compared to native, at this point id just turn the res down for higher frames anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nshbUzdBlq8&feature=youtu.be .

Soldato
Enabling and disabling DLSS and I can definitely see the difference, this was in an area with lots of foliage. If you just get on with the game however you soon get used to it, probably why I couldn't tell the difference earlier when I just played through a few MP maps.
Whatever settings I use I'#m still fairly rubbish at MP anyway but with DLSS I didn't get any worse :p.
I'm assuming that's why DLSS for the 2080 Ti is disabled when < 4k, ie, NV not recommending it if you don't need it for decent performance, for now anyway.
I'll just leave it on with RT on ultra and see how it improves moving forward.

Last edited:
Associate
Just tried to play this again and it wont even load now, keeps crashing to desktop as the game is loading :(
had this issue , re optimize setting through geforce experience sorted this for me then i tweaked away , works now.....

so my 2080 does support 2560x1080p DLSS , but omg , the blurryness is a nightmare. just unplayable , using a sniper you cant spot targets in the distance without your scope and if you can its been turned into an absolute mess , for the sake of 10fps at most , although i will say dx12 is actually running a lot better.

Associate
had this issue , re optimize setting through geforce experience sorted this for me then i tweaked away , works now.....

so my 2080 does support 2560x1080p DLSS , but omg , the blurryness is a nightmare. just unplayable , using a sniper you cant spot targets in the distance without your scope and if you can its been turned into an absolute mess , for the sake of 10fps at most , although i will say dx12 is actually running a lot better.
Will try that now, thanks

Associate
Yep working again now so thanks for that, don't think I will bother with rtx/dlss for now as although its playable for me now (fps from 40 to 60fps) and stays withing my gsync range im finding it a tad blurry @4k compared to it off.

Back
Top Bottom