• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Associate
Dlss works at 1440p for me as well? only tried @4k so far with dxr set to medium, fps from 40fps to 60fps for me which is a big improvement when playing with dxr.

Will try @1440p later :)

Soldato
Blur on / Blur off (aka DLSS): https://imgur.com/gallery/0dKFylG

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch ;)
No conclusion from me yet although did see the flicker in puddles when I gave it a quick try earlier and this was on two different MP maps. I think it still needs more work. One was in the aircraft hanger. I thought there was a light above flickering or something. It's easy to see more issues when you're looking more closely so would need to try it again ith DLSS off to confirm
Not sure about the free lunch though. It's not free, there's dedicated technology assisting DLSS :p.....and the GPU's are more expensive :D

Associate
Windows 10 have had a bug for ages now that causes the Standby memory to fill up over time without clearing it. Funny thing is that even if you still have available ram left you can still get stuttering as the standby memory fills up. Now it doesnt seem to affect everyone the same(perhaps due to individual perception levels) but there is this program you can get called EmptyStandbylist that you set up as a task to be run every 10-15 minutes that will keep the memory nice and clean automaticly. I use it and it have fixed my issues with stuttering. There are other ways but i haven't researched them much as this specific one works just fine for me. Why games stutter even when memory isn't filled to the max I really don't know I just know that this fix has worked for me in conjunction with "Disable fullscreen optimization".

Link here to reddit for instructions on how to set it up. Minor note though, i would set it up using @start up instead.

This made a huge difference to gaming performance for me with a 2080ti. I found that the first 5 minutes of gaming were great and then it started to deteriorate badly. I applied this workaround and it has been superb ever since.

Soldato
Hi.

Just been reading this thread since I'm thinking of upgrading my GTX 1070 to an RTX 2080 before the free BFV offer runs out.
I was disappointed to read that micro stuttering occurs in BFV, something I also experienced in BF1 but only when I first upgraded my PC to the "Windows Creators update" about 18 Months ago. When I researched this, a number of Nvidia card owners were also experiencing the problem with the later version of windows 10.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/

It seems that the same problem has carried over to the latest generation of cards which is shocking given the price consumers are being asked to pay. There are lots of theories and debates on the issue discussed in the above thread but no definitive fix or even whether the problem is fundamentally an Nvidia or Microsoft one.
For my part, I rolled back Windows 10 to 1607 which fixed the problem immediately and I have never upgraded since.
I know this is not an option for everyone, but my PC is a gaming rig and I was not prepared to put up with the stuttering.

You can get BFV for £23. Wouldn't base £23 being a deal breaker for a new card if I was you.

Soldato
Okay, a driver update is now available for optimal DLSS and BFV performance. THis wasn't available earlier today but is now.
Looks like those who took screenshots and quick to diss it may have to repeat their process again :).
Hopefully this fixes the flickering I'm seeing.
Tried one of the worse maps for me and seeing at least a 30% improvement in performance, so that's good at least.

Soldato
Reports on reddit say the driver makes no difference to DLSS IQ, still a blurry mess.
I'm finding it varies but not tried the new driver yet. I do notice it a bit sometimes. Need to get some work done now (oops) and will try to spend a few solid hours playing later this evening. Worse thing has been the flickering.

Soldato
Now uploading a vid with performance in Rotterdam and will update driver after to see if there is any improvement :)
Will be good to hear what others known to the forum with a more positive view of the 20 series think.

Looking through release notes I thought 2080ti and dlss was not supported for 1440p?
Not read those but NV did say DLSS was coming to the 2060 in BFV and showed a 1440P chart. Definitely working for me @1440P. Seeing 100FPS sometimes on one of the maps that before was more like 65 (from memory). Average is more like 85 so a good 20FPS more @ 1440P using a 2080. Only a few quick tests so far tho.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom