• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Soldato
I doubt 2070 will be able to do decent workable RT in many games. Technically it could, in reality does it have the horsepower to actually do it well? If it can do it well then what's the point of the 2080? Leads me to believe 2070 will be of minimal use using RT. 2080 being the absolute minimum gpu needed to do RT at a decent standard.

Associate
2070 will do RTX just fine, that's where the granularity is important and the developers implementation. This is the first game, and is going to be tweaked heavily still I'd say.

Any game dev can go crazy on RTX or something else and make every single hardware unusable, RTX or not. Thats not the idea...

Developers have to see the hardware capability and work within its constraints while maintaining the minimums.

Last edited:
Associate
"Darn you!! I would have completely obliterated you if I was not running Ray-tracing you noob!!" would probably become a new meme/excuse being popularise on BF5 multiplayer :p

Its news hype today, dont think it take off muchy in the coming weeks.

Well, the 4K owners often talk about not minding to change(lower) settings. RT On and ultra low settings may be the way forward, even at 1080P :D.
To be honest, I want to try it for myself and play with the different options including the RT quality slider (or whatever it's called). People are dying to rip it apart so much that I'd take the early impressions with a pinch of salt.

Is RT going to be mandatory for multiplayer?I can see RT giving people a competitive advantage

Looking at the fps drops and the input lag that also comes with it I say, RTX is dead in water for a shooter.

RTX however make a ton of sense in a RPG game.

Soldato
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/battlefield-v-raytracing-features-are-now-enabled.html

Guru3D ran early DXR Ultra test on 2080 Ti with 5960X get around 60fps 1080p, 50 fps 1440p and 40 fps 4K. Guru3D current upgrade test system to 9900K and will retest Battlefield V DXR later. It would be very interesting to see if 9900K can push DXR Ultra higher with around 80 fps 1080p, 70fps 1440p and 60 fps 4K or wait a few months for further DXR performance optimisations.

Impressive.

Really surprised DXR have very small performance hit from 1080p to 4K compared to DirectX 12.

Caporegime
giphy.gif

Soldato
Lol, What a complete waste of money the 2070 & 2080 are going to be if you thought you were buying in to Ray Tracing gaming for the 'bargain' price of 500-£800.

Still, they might be OK as long as you didn't throw away that vintage 720p LCD monitor...:)

Soldato
Lol, What a complete waste of money the 2070 & 2080 are going to be if you thought you were buying in to Ray Tracing gaming for the 'bargain' price of 500-£800.

Still, they might be OK as long as you didn't throw away that vintage 720p LCD monitor...:)
Roll on the Titan T :D.
To be honest a 2080 is no more of a waste of money than a top end Pascal card. I'll be happy to get a taster of RT with the 2080. I bought it thinking it's as good as an old Pascal top end card, less power hungry with future potential. That is still true :). The extra £100 it cost me (less now vs a 1080 Ti at current prices), it's still worth it to me.
I was planning to get the Ti but actually happy I saved £350. RT will get better with time, especially next gen GPU's, so I get a taster of RT and DLSS and have £350 towards next GPU .
There's plenty of time for the 20 series to shine too. The 10 series are now stuck in the past :)

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
Roll on the Titan T :D.
To be honest a 2080 is no more of a waste of money than a top end Pascal card. I'll be happy to get a taster of RT with the 2080. I bought it thinking it's as good as an old Pascal top end card, less power hungry with future potential. That is still true :). The extra £100 it cost me (less now vs a 1080 Ti at current prices), it's still worth it to me.
I was planning to get the Ti but actually happy I saved £350. RT will get better with time, especially next gen GPU's, so I get a taster of RT and DLSS and have £350 towards next GPU .
There's plenty of time for the 20 series to shine too. The 10 series are now stuck in the past :)

Hey, whatever it takes to convince yourself that spending 700-£800 on these Turing turkeys wasn't a waste of money...

Soldato
Hey, whatever it takes to convince yourself that spending 700-£800 on these Turing turkeys wasn't a waste of money...
Whatever :). I'm mature enough to see through the nonsense. I was expecting such a reply :D(predictable)
On another note, anyone know if there's a performance benchmark built into BF 5 that we can use to do our own OCUK thread (with/without RT)?

Last edited:
Caporegime

How is it worth it when RT is not even playable on a 2080ti let alone a 2080?

By the time RT is mainstream and usable the 2080 will be dead tech. If you bought the 1080ti at £579 at least you haven't paid a premium for features you couldn't actually use.

The fact is the 2080 series and 2070 are just duds overpriced tat. :p

Caporegime
This is really no different to back when anti aliasing was first introduced, it had a large performance hit (particularly super sampling) an in a lot of games it wasn't really usable. As time went on it got better, ray tracing will likely be no different if it gets a bit of support from devs and its supported across both amd and nvidia cards at some point.

Soldato
How is it worth it when RT is not even playable on a 2080ti let alone a 2080?

By the time RT is mainstream and usable the 2080 will be dead tech. If you bought the 1080ti at £579 at least you haven't paid a premium for features you couldn't actually use.

The fact is the 2080 series and 2070 are just duds overpriced tat. :p

I think they're ok. They are what they are, so is the price. If someone planning to keep a gpu for a long time I think turing over pascal makes sense.

Caporegime
I think they're ok. They are what they are, so is the price. If someone planning to keep a gpu for a long time I think turing over pascal makes sense.

I've had Pascal for over 2 years now :p Turing would only make sense to me if the main games i play (bf1 and 5) were sluggish, so far its holding up well.

Back
Top Bottom