BBC Model B Computer "stuff"

Soldato
I am clearing out my roof and one item that I have been looking at is my BBC model B computer. Despite coming on once I cannot get it to boot so am not sure it is working. I also have a pile of "floppy" discs (5" and 3") I think - with a pair of disc drives. Again not sure if working. Also a spare "genuine" power supply.

Does anybody know of a club or organisation that has an interest in this kit. As it's non-working I suspect museums aren't interested.

Mel

Last edited:
Soldato
I have loads of old stuff here that I give students to get a hands on experience of what it used to be like. I have a Z88 and a T2130CT to show them old school "tablets" and "laptops"

Tea Drinker
Don
I'll take it off your hands, my daughter is looking for and using loads of old interesting PC parts for her art and the school have offered to take them for the class to use for may years to come.

Soldato
I am clearing out my roof and one item that I have been looking at is my BBC model B computer. Despite coming on once I cannot get it to boot so am not sure it is working. I also have a pile of "floppy" discs (5" and 3.5" I think - with a pair of disc drives. Again not sure if working. Also a spare "genuine" power supply.

Does anybody know of a club or organisation that has an interest in this kit. As it's non-working I suspect museums aren't interested.

Mel
There's a museum in kent that has all kinds of old computers and things I'm sure they'd be interested.
I'll see if I can their website, I stumbled across it the other day.

Here you go, it's down in Ramsgate so not too far away.

http://www.themicromuseum.org/

Man of Honour
A museum of some kind would be best. But failing that I'd also be interested in it to see if I can get it going. Never owned one before (I was a Commodore VIC20/64 man). But it would be such a shame to allow a piece of history to be thrown away or disposed of.

Edit: as above check eBay first though as you may get some money for it.

Soldato
there was one of these in the Science Museum when i was in London the other year. it's odd, cos you go "ah cool, i had one of those! :)" then you pause and start realising you must be getting old if something you played w/ and used in school is in a museum... :-/

Man of Honour
29863351013_93d547b97d_o.jpg

Mine :)

Back
Top Bottom