BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are all entitled to our own opinions on it.

But I know one thing for sure, if F1 got itself into a mess and needed someone to come in and 'sort it out', Bernie would be at the top of my list.

The guy may not be favourable with a lot of people, and many may think that he is somehow sabotaging the sport, but he is a guy who gets what he wants, and gets it done.

Going to need some redbull for the first two races. Working both st nights, I might not even be back for strait of first race. 3rdrace i'll miss totall, will have to be recorded somehow.

I've actually booked Friday the 16th off work so that I can stay up all Thursday night and watch both practice sessions...

Hardcore!

I'm not sure when the first live F1 race was televised, but 20 years ago, F1 races were being shown live on TV...I know, because I was watching (huge Mansell fan).

2012 promo video

That's 1/4 of the field are world champions. God I hope the teams are really close to each other. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Being a young'un I'm of a generation that has grown up always able to watch F1 on TV live. I expect its TV coverage had a major role in me becoming a fan. I totally get why people might be a bit peeved by the move to Sky.

However, I'm not one to hold pointless grudges against corporations, and growing up in a house with Sky has shown me that the vast amount of other motorsport available across he Sky channels is worth the price. I just hope the season doesn't get overshadowed by bitter people making a big thing about mud slinging at Sky. The comments that have appeared under a number of YouTube clips of Sky F1 stuff don't fill me with confidence though...

so just to confirm - if I want all the live coverage of the f1 this year then I definitely need to upgrade to sky sports?

You need either the sky sports package out the sky hd package. F1 channel will be included with either.

Although if you have sky sports on freeview or virgin, I don't know what you'll have to have.

You need either the sky sports package out the sky hd package. F1 channel will be included with either.

Although if you have sky sports on freeview or virgin, I don't know what you'll have to have.

I have sky hd but not sky sports - does this mean I am ok for all the live sky f1 coverage then? if so then double woot :D

As I understand it:

Sky Sports F1 (standard def) is included in the Sky Sports package on Sky TV, and also in the Sky Sports package available to Virgin Media customers.

Sky Sports F1 HD is included with the Sky HD pack on Sky TV.

I've been looking at Sky the last few days. I think the realisation that I won't be able to watch those early morning practice sessions in Melbourne, or get up to watch the first early Grand Prix every year since 1996 when they went to Australia is finally hitting home...!

Anyway, looking at Sky's website, it looks like the cheapest basic deal I can get is their boggo Entertainment package at £20.25 a month, and add the HD option for an extra £10 per month. I'd go for the free lower capacity Sky+HD box and no extras. I can't find any extra hidden costs in the T&Cs - no "you must have our phone system and pay £12 a month line rental" condition or anything like that...

So, to those in the know, is that £30.25 per month the absolute and full amount I'd have to pay? If it is, I might just take the plunge...

Yes. That is correct. £20 for the Entertainment pack and £10.25 for the HD pack with the free Sky+HD box. You need a phone line, but not a Sky one.

However, have a look at the Entertainment Extra pack. The extra £5 gets you a lot, especially if you then combine it with the HD pack. Eurosport HD, Discovery HD, etc.

I've just added Sky TV (Entertainment Extra and HD Pack) to my existing Sky phone line and Unlimited Broadband at a total of £55 a month, with £50 cashback through Quidco. You can get more than double that cashback as a new customer.

Last edited:
I've caved in.

I've already got the basic sky+entertainment extra pack so I'm going to get the sports as well (not bothered in HD so I might as well get other sports as well for the money). I'll sign up on March 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom