GF (Friday evening): "Do you want to do anything tonight?"
Me: "Just watching some motorsport, we can go out after that"
GF: "Ah ok, when does it finish?"
Me: "Sunday evening"
GF: "........"

*door slams*

:D
I actually LOLed. Well done.

I want to hate Sky but this all seems really good.

I upgraded my box to 1TB and it was immense :)

Very easy to do, too.

Really? How easy? Whip out the HDD and stick a larger one in? Even with the stupid price increases in HDD's it would be cheaper to buy a 1TB drive and convert than to pay the £149 premium for a 1TB box.

It's getting harder to resist Sky..

I switched to them , £60 a month for unlimited phone, TV and unlimited broadband (literally no FUP) - my 10 month old son Jenson gets to watch Formula 1 with me, as well as GP2 and GP3 and the kid's and tot's cartoons on Sky entertainment extra, then there's unlimited phone calls and for anyone who may want to know...

I thought o2's adsl speeds were decent - since I moved to Sky I've gained another 2 mb in download speed, which added to 4mb downstream makes a difference, almost 7mb now.

I also got a £100 M&S voucher and £120 cashback via a cashback website. ;)

I'm not 100% sure on this, I know it used to be the case previously but I'm not sure if it is at the moment but new customers could get a 1TB box for £49 instead of the free standard one previously?

Don;t forget as a Sky customer you also get Sky Go to watch away from the house as well!

A lot of people think that Ecclestone is an idiot. I would say that he is a businessman of the very highest order and knows exactly what he is doing. No other man or woman on this planet could run the F1 show in quite the same way he has and if he is pushing F1 in China and India, there is good (financial) reasons for this. After all, there are very few people on this planet who are better at making money, than Bernie. ;)

apart from the fact that a lot of his practices seem to be highly dubious if not illegal is of course despite the point lol (not even going back to how he "aquired" the position he has now lol)

the fact that in majority of other company's the way BE does business just wouldnt be allowed

so I thnk you meant "lowest " order :D

Frank, EVERY successful business man who has earned millions (and billions) has been involved in less than "clean" activities. Mittal, Abramovich, Sugar, Branson...each and every one of them. Part of being a businessman is knowing when to take the risk (and do a dirty deed) and when to steer clear.

The fact that Bernie has made it this far and has taken F1 from what it was in the 80s, to what it is now (ie. taken it to new countries and allowed teams to spend half a billion per year on the F1 team), is a testament to the fact that he has done a fantastic job.

As I stated, Bernie is a businessman of the highest order and very few people would've lasted as long as he has running the show or been as successful as he has.

Bernie is a easy target to blame, without him then F1 would probably not be on tv at all and be long gone as it self imploded, the teams fully support Bernie in reality as they know he gets things done while they just sit around and argue all day.

Exactly. Bernie is the target of peoples issue as he is the head of it all.

Fact is, he gets what he wants by being very clever with how he approaches things, and his whole organisation is founded on the commercial success of Formula 1, so the idea that he is somehow trying to 'destroy' it is just stupid.

well I got Skeeter and Mr Men agreeing about something :D

No one knows AT ALL how successful F1 would be had it been taken over by anyone else - so by all means speculate and keep your opinions , I have no problem with that at all

Of course there are certainly famous business leaders (and therefore successful) who have done dodgy deals, and Im sure there are just as many out there who were in the right place at the right time to get in on the ground before the "explosion"

The fact that tv itself and media in general have seen a gigantic explosion / improvement of their very nature has a lot to do with F1's success (not to mention IT and viability of live races on big screens) - the whole aura of F1 is improved for the viewer by whats available to the viewer at home (nothing really to do with anything BE has done himself)

Or put it another way - do you really think F1 would have even 1/2 the audience if tv's were still 14" colour with regular failures in the feed etc , Im sorry it just wouldnt happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom