BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Have to say I'm not as disappointed as some as at the moment already have the Sky Sports channels, disappointing that BBC aren't keeping it 100% though :(

I just hope for that there are no mid race adverts! :mad:

Man of Honour
I bet you the races that the bbc will show all the poorer tracks like bahrain, valencia,hungry and the rest. In other words those with most tv viewers will end up as the ppv.

They have silverstone, Monaco and last race of the season.

So i assume sky must have first race of season.

Soldato
In spain two free to air chanels get f1, La sexta with adverts and tv3 catalunia with no adverts but only available to the catalan region. HOw can a bloody regional channel get f1 but bbc can't afford it?

Associate
The BBC might as well saved all their money as far as I'm concerned. There is no way I'm paying for sky sports and I'm not going to watch only half a season of races. That's it for me and following F1.

And it's not just the fact that I won't watch the tv. I regularly go to Silverstone and was thinking Spa next year but if I stop following F1, that's another 500+ quid I won't be putting in Bernies pocket.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In spain two free to air chanels get f1, La sexta with adverts and tv3 catalunia with no adverts but only available to the catalan region. HOw can a bloody regional channel get f1 but bbc can't afford it?

I think its because neither of those spanish channels show Strictlyos Como Dancio :D

Soldato
I think this is a shocking move! Even ch5 would have been a better option with ads, at least more people would have been exposed to F1.

Real shame, I guess it will be highlights only for me during some races :(

Associate
I doubt Strictly costs half as much as f1, even half of half of f1 I suspect. So that's what the BBC sees.

What's the most annoying thing is that I have a 6 month old daughter and she seems to love f1, we both watch it together (recorded and watched in chunks, she can't last the entire show). I sort of had this dream of her growing up watching it and we could share something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom