BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm absolutely gutted I don't watch any other sport so £270 a year for half the f1 races just isn't realistic for me. I can't believe I'm alone in that either, motorsport is often a sport for people who don't like sport so a lot will get nothing else from their subscription.

Associate
I agree, terrible news! I have loved the coverage this year, the presenting team has just found it's feet and got the right balance. The extent of the coverage has been superb...now this!

I will finish this season and then that's it for me now. I would rather have nothing than what they are giving us. Shared, as in both simul cast it would be fine, this isn't, shame on you BBC!

Associate
What's going to happen to the presenting team? I doubt they will keep them on the BBC now. And 2018 is a long time to wait for the BBC to fix it, and chances are sky will just snap up the rest as no one will be watching the BBC coverage with a crap team and less coverage.

Man of Honour
What's going to happen to the presenting team? I doubt they will keep them on the BBC now. And 2018 is a long time to wait for the BBC to fix it, and chances are sky will just snap up the rest as no one will be watching the BBC coverage with a crap team and less coverage.

On the plus side, at least the BBC have now secured the funding for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing :D

Soldato
OP
I have sky but cannot see me spending the extra just for F1. I don't spend it for the football so unless they have a decent deal at the time its going to be BBC only for me.

Man of Honour
This still hasn't sunk in yet - I am absolutely gutted. I only pay my licence fee to watch F1 on the BBC. No way in hell are they getting anymore money from me and neither are Sky. I have watched F1 since I was 4, this will be the first time I have not watched it in a very long time :(

Man of Honour
This still hasn't sunk in yet - I am absolutely gutted. I only pay my licence fee to watch F1 on the BBC. No way in hell are they getting anymore money from me and neither are Sky. I have watched F1 since I was 4, this will be the first time I have not watched it in a very long time :(

Same I used to watch it with my mum, when I was a baby.
The only hope is a work around, which I imagine will be clamped down on. It's already stupidly hard with f1 to find a feed. I tried finding some feeds for Americans as they don't have decent coverage and it's delayed if any other sport is on. I failed miserably.

Soldato
I hope they pull something outta the bag thats as good as BBC's coverage or better, sounds like they are up for the challenge!

"We will give F1 the full Sky Sports treatment with a commitment to each race never seen before on UK television."

I wish it all stayed with the BBC but at least we aren't going to loose it all.

Just read this too. The BBC will have delayed highlights for the ten races it doesn't air live and will carry commentary on Radio 5Live for all the sessions as they do at present.

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/04091

Still crap and in my eyes shows their utter contempt for the majority of the uk fan base, yet Europe still gets it all free to air? Terrible decision and I hope sky do poorly from it and I hope there is a massive drop in viewers on all providers. Hopefully FOA will then realize what a crap decision this was.

Man of Honour
Still crap and in my eyes shows their utter contempt for the majority of the uk fan base, yet Europe still gets it all free to air? Terrible decision and I hope sky do poorly from it and I hope there is a massive drop in viewers on all providers. Hopefully FOA will then realize what a crap decision this was.

FOM won't really care, they've been paid.

Associate
On the plus side, at least the BBC have now secured the funding for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing :D

Or the other tripe they serve up on a daily basis. Fine F1 was expensive to broadcast, but why couldn't they have just cut back. Less time pre/post race, send less people to cover it and get that iPAD out of Jake Humphrey's hand!

Hell I could even deal with them doing the coverage from a studio in the UK, with maybe a reporter or two at the race. The main thing i'm interested in is seeing the cars on the track!

Man of Honour
I bet you the races that the bbc will show all the poorer tracks like bahrain, valencia,hungry and the rest. In other words those with most tv viewers will end up as the ppv.

They've already said they will show Silverstone and Monaco, so it sounds like they're showing the poor tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom